chapter 29

Hunter's POV...

It was Sunday, and I woke up in the late evening. It was the fight day yesterday night, and my opponent was a tough one this time but not more than me. But I won't lie he gave me a tough time. The bruises on my stomach are a sign of it. I groaned as I turn in my bed.

The first thing I remember when I opened my eyes was Princess. I called her, she must be waiting for me. We talk every Sunday, she is a friend and angel that I found two years ago when I was in trouble. She came in my life like a light and I intended to keep her at any cost.

I even lied to her telling her a chappy story of my girlfriend leaving me and I wanted to die. My princess being naive and innocent believed me. Hell I never had a girlfriend, I don't have time for that. She was my therapist, a light in my dark life. But I don't know how long it would go like this now that she wanted to come to New York, I have this feeling things are going to change. And I am afraid, never in my 24 years of love I had been afraid of losing someone. I always have expected to be alone not expecting any one to choose me. I am not worth it especially not for her.

She is too pure and I am tainted. She is perfect and I am imperfect. She is beauty and I am the beast. She is angel and I am the devil. We are not made for each other, we were never meant for each other. I tried to talk her out of coming here but there is one thing about my princess, she is quite stubborn.

She told me how she is excited to come here and I know what exactly going on in her mind and why she decided to study here in New York leaving her brothers. But I don't want her to do that to come for something that I can never give her.

*****************

The day came when she came to New York, and fate has its way of testing you. She came here in my building of all places in this big city. As I walked in my building I wasn't looking anywhere and stumbled in to a little girl in my way.

I didn't care to turn around and help her. But when I walked inside the elevator and looked ahead. I frowned a little because the girl standing infront of me looks too familiar yet I haven't seen her before but I had this feeling that I know her from somewhere. Whenever we will cross path I have this feeling that I know her, and I would feel annoyed more at myself.

And those feelings intensified when she told me that she has moved in a big building near her University. But to make sure I told her to come to my home. I lied to her saying that my maid hasn't come and also she intrigued me her brown doe eyes hiding behind those glasses, her small button nose, her way of looking at me everything pulled me towards her.

I wanted to know If she is really her. I wanted to ask her myself but we have this unsaid thing of not telling each other about our name and address.

But when she came I told her to do the chores and she didn't disappoint me she knew nothing just like my princess. I knew princess has always been treated like a princess by her brothers that's the reason I call her that but that wasn't enough to prove that she was her. I told her to get lost without even knowing what I wanted to know.

After that she ignored me like a plague, she wouldn't even look my way and it bothered me. I wanted to see her brown eyes, she remind me of a little kitten. She tried hard to not come infront of me which wasn't sitting well with me because in my heart I know already who she was.

Then when I talked to her she told me she started working in the bookshop near her apartment and I knew it then that both the kitten and princess are same because kitten also work in bookshop.

It can't be a coincidence, but then I felt more bothered. I was feeling those feelings for her that I shouldn't feel for anyone hence I made my distance with her but one way or another she would come infront of me. She would find herself in a problem and I would always be there as her saviour.

The night when I saw her at night club where she hugged me for the first time was the best thing that has ever happened to me in a long time. I knew what she felt for me, I knew she lobed me and she wanted to confess so I sent Marcus instead of me. I know she was hurt but I am not good enough for her. When I saw her crying in the park I couldn't help myself and went to her.

I couldn't see her crying and that too because of me. I thought I am doing good for her. I can't give her what she wants, I can never be a man good enough for her. I can't love her the way she deserved. I have problems of my own that are so f**king big. I am screwed up and I don't want to bring her in my life.

This life is not for her, I know I like her but I never intend to love. I thought she is my therapist, she made me feel alive. Whenever I would listen to her voice I felt at peace and that's why I kept talking to her after that one call. I never told her anything about me because my life is messed up.

But when I saw her sad all the time after that day I couldn't take. I was angry, upset at myself for being the reason of wiping that smile off from her face. I was the reason she changed, she would smile at anyone like she used to do before. She wouldn't even look at me and I couldn't take it.

Then Jack happened, I knew it since I saw him that he isn't a good news and that turned out right. The day she told me she is been stalked I lose my shut, I couldn't take it. I knew then and there I f**ked up. I love her and I want her as much as she wants me may be more than her but it was too late. I don't know how she would react knowing that I was her Mr handsome.

I beat the shit out of that stalker, if it wasn't for her being there I would have killed him already. What I didn't tell her was he went in come while beating the shit out of him his head hurts hard and he went to coma. Good for him. That fucker has tried to hurt my kitten. He even got his hands on her if I wasn't on time I don't know what he could have done!

Since that day I accepted her, I knew then and there that she is for me. She is my salvation that I have waiting for life. I can't love without her but would she choose me? Would she choose me after knowing how I lied to her? I wanted to tell her, I even tried to but I couldn't bring enough courage. I don't want to lose her, I don't want to lose what we had.

I want her, I want to be hers!