20. Revenge

Our revenge did not come to fruition until late on Saturday the following weekend, as it needed some preparation.

Not much, mind you. Scorpius had his mind set on a duel, and Sawyer agreed, so we needed to secure a time and place. We opted for our usual spot - the empty classroom that Scorpius and I had practiced Defense in. And, as Scorpius himself was a Slytherin and friendly with Sullivan, it was easy for him to feed Sawyer's tormentors a fib and lure them there at the right time.

Holly, Sawyer, and I left dinner early, but had evidently beat Scorpius up to the classroom.

"He's not coming with the Slytherins, is he?" Sawyer asked.

I shrugged. "I don't think that was the plan, but who knows. Maybe he changed it last minute."

Sawyer nodded.

"Hey," I said, noticing his shaking hands. "This is revenge, remember. They're not going to ever make fun of you or your dads after this."

"Yeah," Holly agreed. She threw an arm around Sawyer and patted his back. "No need to be nervous. Just be ready to cast a couple hexes. Channel all your anger."

Sawyer gave a weak smile. I took his hand and squeezed it.

It was then that Scorpius burst into the room. His uniform was disheveled, as usual, but I caught his tie before it could slip off and fall to the floor with his dramatic gestures, and looped it around his neck.

"Never fear," he said, throwing his arms out to both sides in a sweeping arc and nearly hitting Holly in the face. "Scorpius is here."

"We weren't fearing," I said. "At least, not because of your absence."

Scorpius beamed as he wrangled with his tie, twisting it until it vaguely resembled a knot. "Charming as always, Dursley."

I eyed the tangled mess of his tie. "Well dressed as always, Malfoy."

Then we noticed who had come in with Scorpius. He had a head of dark hair that stuck up no matter how many times he flattened it, but more importantly, his scarf wasn't green, as I would've expected, but red.

"Hello all," said Albus, giving us a small, awkward wave. "Sorry to crash the party a little, but Scorpius promised a duel and I wasn't about to turn him down."

Scorpius pulled a face. "Please don't get mad. I thought it would be cool if we had all of the houses represented. I'm Slytherin, you two are Hufflepuffs, Holly's a Ravenclaw. We need Albus to round it out, make us a complete set. We'll be representing the whole school that way, showing how the whole of Hogwarts doesn't tolerate homophobia." He shot me a smile. "I was taking a leaf out of your book, Esther. Trying to create house unity and defeat stereotypes and that."

"The more the merrier," said Sawyer.

"Yes," said Albus. "Let's kick some Slytherin ass. Yours excluded, of course, Malfoy."

Sawyer nodded, looking as though he was a thousand miles away. "Scorpius's excluded."

~~~

The Slytherins - Octavia, Sullivan, Wilbanks, and two whose names I didn't know and didn't care to learn - walked in maybe half an hour later. By the time they realized that whatever Scorpius had told them was a trap, Albus had slammed the door behind them.

Sawyer stepped behind Holly.

I gave Scorpius my best do something look.

"Hello," said Scorpius, on cue.