Chapter 6: Beginning of an Adventure

Before starting off their journey, Aki gave El a small brown bag.
"What's this? Food??"
"Yes, and a tent, a pocket knife, an arca, a rope and a dagger. We'll need all of this for our journey." She said, while putting on a bag of her own. An arca is a leather sack with a coating of tar on the outside and is used to store water. The girl had taken out a map from a dusty shelf on the wall

"There are two sandwiches in your bag. One will be for lunch, which we will eat when we reach the Lake of Wisdom, and the other at the Abandoned Meadow. Then we stop at a tiny cottage in the Forest of the Reptiles,"

The boy gazed in wonder at the neatly drawn map of Evania. He had to rule over such a large land, it was good that he could travel and scout the region and get to know the well. If something were to happen to him, who would rule,? What would happen to the kingdom? What would father say? All these doubts came to his mind. For the first time in his life, he felt scared... He brushed off these frightening thoughts and remembered his childhood expeditions with Cob...

"That time he saved me from a forest snake, and the other time we almost got stuck in a blizzard, and when we had helped a baby eagle get back to her nest... Oh, what fun we used to have as kids!"

He was brought back to reality when Aki called him. They were traveling by phoenix. This one had gold eyes, almost like the young Kurabite had. It's wings were a bright splash of turquoise, purple and gray. It's beak was orange and it's crown of feathers was a fiery red. He couldn't help but gasp at it's beauty, and even more at the elegance of the girl standing beside it.

Akira was communicating to the creature in Honestus, the ancient language of Redsand Cliff. He had learnt to ride many creatures, but never could communicate to them directly. They hopped onto the saddle, a minute later, and started their journey...