Chapter 4: A New Acquaintance

El went down Araema's steep hill. He was taking a walk near the woods to think for a while and make a desicion. "I must save Cob but... how do I please Father. I guess you can't please everyone. Right now, if I lose Father, I'd have hardly anyone left. I shall join the second rescue team, not just for Cob, but for Father as well."

His quest to greatness began. His sword unsheathed and mind, sharpened, he set foot intot the deeper parts of the forest. While searching, he lost his way. He began to get worried as to where he was.

"What is this place? Am I... am I too deep in the forest? I should have bought a... G.A. suit. I'm... feeling a bit... dizzy...

ᴹᵃʸᵇᵉ, ᴵ'ˡˡ ᶜˡᵒˢᵉ ᵐʸ ᵉʸᵉˢ... ʲᵘˢᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ᵃ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ʷʰⁱˡᵉ..." The poisonous gases in the air and the climate in the atmosphere had caused him to faint.

His ears were ringing and his head was throbbing with pain. "I must have hit my head when I fell down..." He thought within his subconscious. A few moments later, he could feel his body being carried (or struggling to be carried) somewhere.

When he came to his senses, he found himself on a cot, in a shelter, of sorts. Near a window, the silhouette of a young woman in a chair, reading a book, was visible. Light rays of the dawn sky streamed between each strand of hair that was gently placed on her delicate facial features.

The stranger had just noticed that he woke up. "Are you feeling okay?" She asked, in a concerned tone, "You were lying on the forest floor and seemed, pretty much, unconscious". He replied that he was well.

The girl's eyes were like the sun itself, golden and bright. Her hair, the ocean, each lengthed wave crashed over the shores of the collar of her shirt.

    "My name is Akira-Evaya but you can call me Aki...or Eva. What's yours?"she asked. He replied,

    "My name is El-keh"

She didn't know that El was Prince, neither did she know of the history of the royals of the kingdom. Unlike the girl, who didn't know where this person was from, he could tell that she was a Kurabite.

She got him some food and something to drink and they talked for a little while.

    "Why were you in the woods?" She said. He replied,

    "I have a few... should I say... issues with my family so I went for a walk to think for a bit but I guess I-"

    "You fell unconscious because of the gases in the air while taking a walk." She interrupted.

    "Yes!" El exclaimed. Akira continued,

    "As do I have issues...", She said with an awkward chuckle,

    "but it is mainly with myself. Ever since I was born, I had this medical condition where I needed more Zaprize content in my surroundings than usual, so they sent me here to improve my health."

El was sort of surprised to hear her story as he had never heard of any medical condition like this from any of his books. He had undergone enough studies and situations to become a qualified expert in almost every profession.

He sat and thought while his new acquaintance had gone to another room in her small home and started ransacking a cupboard. She came back after sometime and said,

    "Here you go! It's a G.A. suit. I mainly have a specific type of suit, designed for extra Zaprize allowance but I knew I had a spare normal one, just incase!. It's for you now."

El gripped on to the suit. She took him to the bed he was previously in and said,

    "Try to sleep soon. There are a few hours left till the sun fully rises. Rest and recover during that time and I'll wake you up when it becomes time to leave. "

El couldn't believe that he slept through the night with his aching head. Only now he noticed that his kind host had bandaged the wounds on his hands and kept a frozen leather bag with water inside on his head.

El lay in his thoughts and slowly drifted off to sleep. He was struggling to understand the reason for Akira's sickness. "Could it be hereditary? I wonder if she can survive elsewhere..."

His quick-paced thought process moved on to the realization that it had been almost six hours that he slept for. Someone in the palace was bound to find out he left.

Another thought crept into his head. "Could something bad have happened to Cob during this much time? I should hope every Kurabite is as kind as she is... or is she planning to trap me after all. Have I let my guard down? I must be alert."

Despite his state of alertness, he fell fast asleep. Does the morning bring betrayal or alliance?