Chapter 10: Everyone Goes Their Seperate Ways

A news reporter says that despite the destruction of the confirmed extra-terrestrial attack the heroics of the Avengers have been a cause for comfort and celebration.

A woman says that it's great to know that the Avengers are watching over them.

Another woman says that she loves Thor.

Someone says that they don't feel safer with those things out there.

A woman says that it seems like there's something the Avengers aren't telling them.

A kid says that "Fire Man" (Heatblast) is cool.

A man is doubtful of superheroes in New York.

Someone says that The Avengers need to be held responsible for the destruction of the city.

The Avengers, Gwen, Max and Selvig all walk to the centre of a footbridge. Tony is carrying a briefcase, Thor has Loki in a muzzle and handcuffs.

A woman asks if the destruction is the Avengers' fault. She says that Captain America saved her life and where any of them are she just wants to go and thank them.

Fury is watching them and talking to the world security council. A councilman asks where the Avengers are.

Fury says he isn't tracking them because they've earned a leave of absence.

Another councilman asks about the Tesseract. Selvig takes out a device.

Fur says that the Tesseract is out if their reach where it belongs.

Selvig take a glass cylinder out of a truck. Tony opens his case, which is on the ground. Bruce holds the Cube with some tongs and puts it into the glass cylinder Selvig has.

The councilman says that that isn't Fury's call.

Fury says he didn't make the call he just didn't argue with the god that did make it. Selvig hands the device to Thor.

The councilman asks if Fury just let Thor take Loki. He says that Loki should be answering for his crimes.

Loki is bound and gagged in the muzzle, he is mad. As he looks upon Natasha, she whispers something into Clint's ear that makes him smile.

Fury says he thinks Loki will be.

Thor holds the cylinder that has the Tesseract in it. He

gestures it to Loki, who grabs one end of the cylinder and

Thor has the other, he nods to the others and twists the device, which lights up and the two vanish into the sky as the group looks on.

The councilman says that Fury doesn't understand what Fury started by letting the Avengers loose on their world. He says that they're dangerous.

In front of Tony's new car, Steve and he shake hands.

Natasha takes a duffel bag out of the backseat of a SHIELD car. She hands it to Bruce as Clint heads to the driver's seat.

Bruce and Tony get into the latter's car and drive off.

Fury agrees and says that every world knows it.

Max and Gwen are in the Rustbucket while Ben is talking with Natasha. She kisses his cheek making him blush.

The councilman asks if the point of all of this was a statement.

Steve is riding a motorcycle. He smiles.

Fury says it was a promise and walks out of the room.

Maria and Fury make their way across the bridge while talking.

Maria-'Sir, how does it work now? They've gone their separate ways, some pretty extremely far. We get into a situation like this again, what happens then?'

Fury-'They'll come back.'

Maria-'Are you really sure about that?'

Fury-'I am.'

Maria-'Why?'

Fury-'Because we'll need them to.'

Maria nods, in respect. She turns and walks back over the bridge and takes a folder from a SHIELD agent. Fury stands proud on the air deck.

X

Pepper and Tony are looking at plans for a new tower.

The huge STARK on the side of the tower has been destroyed, save for the letter "A".

X

The Other kneels at the feet of another alien.

The Other-'The humans, they are not the cowering wretches we were promised. They stand. They are unruly and therefore cannot be ruled. To challenge them, is to court death.'

The alien turns and smiles, revealing himself to be the mad titan himself, Thanos.