Chapter 5: Confrontations

With Loki apprehended, the group set about transporting him to the Helicarrier.

The SHIELD Jet cruised through the cloudy night sky, its quarry in tow. One sociopath Asgardian, a 90 year old super soldier, a billionaire in a flying suit and a kid with a watch that can turn him into aliens.

Of course, the Quinjet was piloted by a redhead superspy working for Nick Fury, who was currently on radio with the redhead.

Fury-'Has he said anything?'

Natasha-'Not a word.'

Natasha looked back warily at the captured Asgardian sitting in the carrier portion of the Jet. Her years of honed instincts told her something was off about him but she was still trying to place her finger on it.

'Just get him back here, we're running low on time', Fury's response was brief and tense.

The communication ended, Natasha focused on piloting the jet. Her gaze briefly flicked towards Ben, silently observing the kid being passively interrogated by Tony.

Tony-'So how'd you do it?'

Ben-'Do what?'

Tony-'The whole turning into alien thing?'

Ben-'Well the Omnitrix allows me to transform into different aliens.'

The billionaire's hand inched towards the alien device, only for Ben to snatch his wrist away, the device out of Tony's grasp. Steve shook his head, glaring at Tony.

Tony-'Yeesh, touchy!'

Ben-'Sorry, but the number of guys who tried to touch it only wanted to take it. It's in my instincts to protect it.'

Tony-'Oh sorry about that. So how does it work, exactly? Bio-inhibitor? Nanotech? Molecular Refraction? Magic? The last one was a joke by the way.'

Ben-'I don't know. Just last week I learned about the guy who created it. I am still learning how to use it.'

Tony was stunned. He'd seen reports of alien like creatures all over the news, not to mention the "classified" footage Coulson presented to him when he broke into his Tower and dumped a fat pile of boring work files on his lap, completely ruining date night for him and the lovely Miss Potts.

Needless to say, Tony had to see it to believe it. Footage of all sorts of unnatural creatures (he would know, he's seen the Hulk), all wearing the same symbol, taking down criminals or saving people from burning buildings. And the fact that all that could be traced to a 10 year old was indeed, mind-blowing.

A torrent of lightning bolts cut through the dark clouds, causing the plane to jerk abruptly , the atmosphere becoming unnaturally turbulent. A loud rattling coupled with a loud whine as the engines fought to stabilize the plane drew everyone's attention.

'Where's this coming from?' Natasha asked out loud. Nothing in the radio briefing services, broadcasts, pilot reports, and satellite and weather radar imagery had indicated the arrival of a storm.

Even Loki appeared concerned as he leaned forward, his eyes cast towards the roof of the carrier, as if awaiting something.

Tony-'What's the matter, afraid of a little lightning?'

'Let's just say I'm not often fond of what follows', the Asgardian shrugged, his attitude strangely laid back given the circumstances.

The turbulence only became worse, before some unseen force impacted the SHIELD jet's roof with uncanny speed, causing everyone standing in the cockpit to wobble before scrambling to find their balance. Sharing a wary look, Tony and Steve immediately put on their respective helmets, while Ben readied the Omnitrix