Chapter 4: First Contact

Steve is in a plane with Coulson. A pilot tells them that they're 40 minutes from the base.

Steve-'So this Dr. Banner was trying to replicate the serum that was used on me?'

Coulson-'A lot of people were. You were the world's first superhero. Banner thought gammer radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula.'

Steve-'Didn't really go his way, did it?'

Coulson-'Not so much. When he's not that thing though, guy's like a Stephen Hawking. He's like a smart person. I gotta say, it's an honor to meet you, officially. I sort of met you, I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping. I mean, I was... I was present while you were unconscious from the ice. You know, it's really, it's just a...just a huge honor to have you on board.'

Steve-'Well, I hope I'm the man for the job.'

Coulson-'Oh, you are. Absolutely. Uh... we've made some modifications to the uniform. I had a little design input.'

Steve-'The uniform? Aren't the stars and stripes a little... old fashioned?'

Coulson-'Everything that's happening, the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old fashioned.'

X

Selvig is working with the Tesseract in a lab. Loki is sitting outside on the steps. The scepter starts glowing and the world around him forms into the Sanctuary.

The Other says that the Chitauri are growing restless.

Loki says to let them grid themselves and he'll lead them in the glorious battle.

The Other asks if it will be a battle against the meagre might of Earth.

Loki asks what to do with the Omnitrix wielder who defeated Vilgax.

The Other says that Vilgax is foolish and weak as he got defeated by a mere child. He tells Loki not to worry as the shapeshifter will not be able to fight the Chitauri.

Loki asks what to do with the Omnitrix.

The Other tells Loki to bring it to him. He says it will be a great battle.

Loki says it'll be glorious not lengthy if The Other's force is as formidable as he claims.

The Other asks if Loki is questioning him and Thanos, saying that Thanos put the scepter in his hand and gave him ancient knowledge when he was cast out and defeated.

Loki says that he was the rightful king of Asgard and he was betrayed.

The Other says that Loki's ambition is little and it is born of childish need. He says that they look beyond Earth to the greater worlds that the Tesseract will unveil.

Loki reminds him that he doesn't have the Tesseract. The Other rushes toward toward him a 6 fingered hand raised to his face.

Loki says that he isn't threatening and says that The Other is only words until he opens the doors and the Chitauri are his to command.

The Other says that Loki will have his war but if he fails and the tesseract is kept from them there will be no realm, barren moon or crevice where Thanos can't find him.

The Other says that Loki thinks he knows pain. Loki looks nervous now.

The Other tells Loki that Thanos will make him long for something as sweet as pain. The Other hits him on the side of the head.

Loki's head gets knocked back with the impact.

He opens his eyes, and stares determined, breathing heavily.