07 - The Downward Sprill

SO ITS GONNA TOO LONG TO WRITE THIS SO HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS: MO GETS SICK, CHARLIE BREAKS HIS FINGERS, WEN GETS A BALCK EYE, and OLIVIA LOSES HER VOICE, ALSO JAKE BREAKS HIS ARM.ANYWAY THIS IS AFTER MO GETS SICK AND BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE GETS TO IT.

OUTSIDE MO'S HOUSE
Charlie- Ray is such a jerk.

Mo- He got what he wanted, didn't he?Dante's not gonna let us play there anymore, that's for sure.

Charlie- You sure you're okay?

Mo- Yeah, I'm fine.Just a little bit tired, that's all.

Charlie- Wait, wait, Mo.There's, um, something I need to tell you. For a long time, I've wanted to tell you, just, you were-- You were with Scott, and then we became friends...I like you, Mo. There, I said it.

Mo- We're just friends, Charlie.Good friends. That's all

Charlie- Fine.

Mo- Charlie, please, just--

Charlie- No, you know what?"Be heard"? It's a stupid song.

Mo- What?

Charlie- I'm never singing it again.

Mo- No, Charlie, no. Don't go.

Mo's Dad- It's time to come in, Monu.You are too young for boys.

Mo- Charlie is just a friend, Baba.

Mo's Dad- I didn't come to this country and make the sacrifices I made just so that you can throw it all away on boys. And rock bands.

Mo- Charlie is just a friend, okay?And the band?It's nothing.It's just a bit of fun, that's all.

Mo's Mom- What's going on?

Mo- Baba doesn't trust me.

Mo's Mom- We do trust you, Monu.

Mo looks at her dad and asks "Do you?"

Mo- That's what I thought.

She walks out of the living room and goes to her own room.

LATER
Mo's Mom- Mohini?

She puts her hand on Mo's forehead.

Mo's Mom- Hey.You're burning up.Let's get you to bed.

AT CHARLIES HOUSE
Charlie is banging out his frustration into the drums when his drum sticks break he goes to get another pair and slams the drower on his fingers.

Charlie- Ow!Ow.

AT WEN'S HOUSE
Wen's Dad- A little to the right. Right, no, left. There. Good.

Wen- Unh.

Wen's Dad- Yeah. Thanks for helping.It'll mean a lot to Sydney.

Wen- You got it.

Wen's Dad- So, Wen,

Wen- Yeah?

Wen's Dad- I've been meaning to ask you.Will you be my best man?

Wen- Your what?

Wen accidentally drops the picture and it hits his face.

Mr. Gifford- Wen, you okay? Let me see.

AT A SMOTHIE PLACE
Olivia- Mo has a hundred-and-two fever, Charlie has three broken fingers.Tomorrow's gonna be a disaster.

Wen- Well, we'll just call and back out.

Olivia- No. Back out of Rising Star?Out of everything we've been through?

Wen- Whoa.

Olivia- You okay?

Wen- Yeah. Yeah, I just--I just get blurry vision sometimes.What do you mean?

Wen takes off his glasses to show his black eye.

Olivia- Oh. Wow.

Wen- Yeah. Doctor said it should be gone in a couple days.

Olivia- What happened?

Wen- Sydney.

Olivia- Sydney did it?

Wen- Well, Sydney's picture.I was helping my dad hang it up, and then he asked me to be his best man.

Olivia- Wen, that's great news.

Wen- No. Okay, that's terrible news.

Olivia- Oh.

Wen- All right, just because Sydney wormed her way into my family doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.You're-- You're ridiculous.

Olivia- Wen. Wait, where are you going?Hey, we have to talk about tomorrow.

Wen- What's to talk about?Okay, we can't play. So we're out.You know, maybe...Maybe this is a sign.

Olivia- What, so you just wanna give up!

Wen- You just be happy your off the hook, and don't have to go on stage anymore.

Olivia- No, no. Wen, this isn't about Lemonade Mouth.This is about you not appreciating what you have.You have a family. Your dad, your sister, Sidney.I don't even remember my mom.I haven't talked to my dad in years, and you have nerve to feel sorry for yourself?

Olivia- Well, okay, no, fine.Go ahead, give up. See if I care. I didn't even wanna be in this band in the first place.

Olivia walks off to her back on the rack.

Wen- Well, the why did you do it.

Olivia- Oh, for you, you jerk! I did it for you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry for a short as fuck chapter.

Word Count: 723