𝟎𝟎𝟏 || ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ

Jake POV
It was a regular day and I went to sleep that morning things felt different like everything's atmosphere had changed.

  But it was fine I got school and I saw this girl arguing with her mother. Then I realized something, that girl looked like she was Stella from Lemonade Mouth, I thought I was dreaming so I just went to class.

     My teachers were different but it's probably just a sub thing, around last period I got dentention and was told to go the end of the basement area.

I just went and got some lemonade again weirdly like the movie, so I just went or the classroom and I saw the whole cast of characters.

Me- Ms, can use the bathroom?

Ms. Reznick- Sure, but be back in a few minutes.

  I went to the bathroom, and decided to freak out I mean I was in the universe of my favorite movie.Okay so, I just have to live the movie and get it the end and go home.

  Wait I'm I destined to become apart of their band.Okay I'm just gonna go back to detention, and live out the movie.

BACK IN DETENTION
Ms. Reznick- The rules in here are simple.No eating, no drinking, no sleeping, no talking, no tapping, no texting.You break a rule, l add another day of detention.Are we clear? Great.

My Mind- Stella Yamada, lead guitar.Wen Gifford, keyboard.Mo Banjaree, bass.Charlie Delgado, drum god.And her, Olivia White, future frontman for Lemonade Mouth.But then there was me, Jake Foster, bass as well, probably future band member and It was this ragtag group of five about it be six that started it all.

Ms. Reznick- All right. I have decided, rather than let you twiddle your little thumbs for the next hour, we are going to put those thumbs to use. We're gonna clean up around here. We're gonna unpack, and we're gonna turn this storage room into a music room. I mean, we might as well make the best of it, right? We've been banished to the basement.

My Thoughts- Did you hear that?I mean this is dark.

Ms. Reznick- You know what?If they spent a fraction of what that new gymnasium cost to keep this music program alive, I- I am gonna give Brenigan a piece of my mind, and while I do, I want you guys to just start cleaning up or something around here.

And so she leaves.

StellaShe can't make us clean.It's cruel and unusual punishment.

Charlie- Welcome to high school.

Jake- This school stinks.

Mo- Can you guys just do what Miss Reznick asked and be quiet? Okay?I'm not getting another detention because of you people.

They all start to you know sing bad dance and I get into it

Oliva- 🎵Na, na, na, na, na Na, na Take a look around Who would have thought We'd all be here? So let's mess around 'Cause the future is unclear We got nothing better to do We're just trying to get through Can you hear me?🎵

Jake- Ha, ha.

All- 🎵Can you hear me? Yeah.Let the music groove you Let the melody move you Feel the beat and just let go Get the rhythm into your soul Let the music take you Anywhere it wants to When we're stuck and can't get free No matter what, we'll still be singing Come on, come on. Turn up the music It's all we got. We're gonna use it Come on, come on. Turn up the music🎵

Oliva- 🎵Yeah All we have is now Let's make the most of this Come on, break it out So everyone can hear it They don't have to understand🎵

All- 🎵Ha, ha. But we'll make them if we can Do you hear me? Are you with me? Yeah Let the music groove you Let the melody move you Feel the beat and just let go Get the rhythm into your soul Let the music take youAnywhere it wants to When we're stuck and can't get free Aah! No matter what, we'll still be singing Come on, come on Turn up the music It's all we got We're gonna use it Feel the beat and just let go Get the rhythm into your soul Let the music take you Anywhere it wants to Come on, come on Turn up the music Yeah🎵

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL:

Jake- That was so cool.

Oliva- That was awesome.

Charlie- Oh, I'm really sorry.

Stella- We just started to, um... We were just...

Ms. Reznick- Shh. Shh.

Wen- We weren't...

Oliva- I...Uh--

Ms. Reznick- Shh! Let me think. I need to think.You.

Oliva- Yeah, I'm just gonna sit down.

Ms. Reznick- Olivia. Olivia, you have a beautiful voice. Aah! Ha, ha! Your band, it's a gift.

Jake- We're not a band.

Stella- We don't even know each other.

Ms. Reznick- You were meant to play together.It's-- It's destiny. Oh, come on. You don't have a moment like that and just ignore it. People, they-- They need to hear you. Shoot. That'll show Brenigan. That will show Brenigan. That's it. Rising Star. Ah! Rising Star.

Stella- Rising what?

Jake- Rising Star.

Mo- It's a talent competition.Winner gets a record deal.

Charlie- And some serious air time.

Wen- Making tomorrow's stars today

Charlie- Making to-- Making to--

Ms. Reznick- Just think, you guys.You can show everyone around here that sports isn't the only thing that matters. So. Hee-hee. What do you think You in?

Jake- Pass.

Stella- Same.

I knew what was gonna happen but I just played along.

Ms. Reznick- What?

Stella- It's ridiculous.

Ms. Reznick- Okay.

Mo- I really can't. Between my AP classes and violin lessons...

Charlie- Yeah, I've-- I've got stuff.

Ms. Reznick- Stuff.Okay, well, then,what about you, Olivia?

Oliva- I don't sing.

Ms. Reznick- Uh, we just heard you sing.

Oliva- Well, yeah, but that wasn't real, like--Like on a stage. I can't do that.

Ms. Reznick- Oh, come on. Sure you can.

Oliva- No, no, trust me, it wouldn't be pretty.The last time I performed on-stage was my first-grade recital. Five minutes into "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep" I threw up down Mikey Nichols' back.

Wen- Ha, ha. Yeah, I remember that.That was hilarious.

Oliva- No, it was humiliating. I'm sorry, I can't.

Wen- Well, I-- I guess that counts me out, right?Can't really enter a competition with one man in a band.You know, unless you're thinking of a solo career. Which I'd be happy to consider.

Charlie- Guys, Mudslide Crush are entering.

Jake- We wouldn't have a shot.

Mo- He's right. They're amazing.

Oliva- They're not that amazing.

Stella- Well, if we don't stand a chance against these Mudslide guys, then why bother, right?

Ms. Reznick- Because, you said it yourself, you deserve to be heard.

————————————————————

This makes the end of chapter one, and the next chapters.

Word Count: 1151