Choked

(much angst, violence, blood, implied death// 2007 turtles based off the movie where they fight)

"You're so fucking selfish! You know that?!" Raphael practically yelled, his suit of armor lightly scraping against itself with every subtle movement. His expression was rageful, fists clenching his weapons as if it was to steady a fall. "How am I selfish?!" Leo's voice rang out. The empty night carried his voice more than intended. He followed up, angrily yelling back at his red clad brother. "I left to become better; and you're out here playing vigilante!" He threw his arm in a side swept wave, as if to insist his point further. "You left us!" Raph growled. Teeth flaring into a upcurled snarl. "To be a better ninja!" Leo retorted. Earning himself a shove from his younger brother.

Their fist colliding with his shoulder, sai still clenched within Raph's calloused hand. Leo pushed back. Palms flat to Raph's chest causing the mutant to stumble a step. Another deep chested growl erupted from Raph. Throwing himself forwards as he swept a left hook across Leo's jaw. The blue leader stumbled back into an air conditioner unit, the small gravel tossed up as his footing slipped. "Since you're so great now..." His voice low, dark and dripping with his fury. Raph glared down at his brother before continuing. "Let's see how good you've become." Leonardo couldn't believe what he was hearing. The red clad mutant had always struggled with their temper.

He hadn't expected to come home to find Raph going out on his own. Dressed head to toe in some sort of metal suit resembling a knight of sorts. He couldn't believe how careless his brother had become, how stupid. Leo may have been no better than Raph for his decision to take up Raph's offer. After settling back onto his feet, his arms slowly slipped over each shoulder to grasp his three fingered hands around the hilt of his katanas. Unsheathing them with a quiet hiss of steel on leather. It was wordless from that point on. Metal clashing, hissing, screaming with each impact. It mingled with feet on gravel, heavy breathing and grunts. Leo's katana swung at a downwards angle, low blue light glimmering off of the reflective metal. His second blade clashed inbetween the barbs of Raph's sai having blocked the incoming attack.

Two hands down he was unable to escape a resounding kick to his lower abdomen. The mutant choked out a gasp as he was thrown back. Shell hissing as it slid across the gravel rooftop, his right hand ripped from its grip on his katana as the weapon stumbled a couple feet away. Leonardo heaved his empty lungs to regain his breath, plastron flexing with the effort. The looming shadow of his brother blocked a solemn blue shade of light from the moon. Leo rolled to his side, catching a flickering glimpse of Raphael rushing for him again. Angered gasps from the younger mutant, determined to beat his self righteous opponent. As Leo's palm fell flat against the pebbles he pushed himself up off the ground. His footing loose as he threw himself to the side narrowly evading an oncoming assault. "Raph-" Leo began, he wanted to stop. He was unsteady, tired, down a katana and Leo didn't want to keep fighting Raph.

Maybe for realization, what they had been doing was wrong. Maybe for fear, scared of what lengths Raph would go to consider himself a winner. Leonardo steadied himself again, now both hands gripping the singular hilt of his blade which held in front of him. But his voice caught in his chest like a wad of cotton. His shoulders rolling up and down with every rough gasp of air. They'd been going hard on each other, the tired ache in Leo's arms told him so. But he never finished his sentence. Raphael came for him again, and again, his anger seemed to cloud any reasonable thoughts.

What was new? Leo evading the onslaught best he could, occasionally throwing an offensive swing or two. It wasn't until his heel caught the lifted edge of their building, and he saw how Raphael stood rigidly. Chest heaving, fists clenched so tight Leo could see the white around their knuckles. Leo's expression fell into worry, either he'd fall, or catch a battering attack. Raph's face was tense, his eyes no longer a glimmering emerald green. They were the shade of a dreary forest. Raphael thought of nothing but his biased intentions. He wanted to win. To prove himself, prove to Leo. The older mutant had always looked down on Raph, on his brothers. Raph's anger seemed to grow like an unkempt flame, Leonardo was just like Splinter.