- Ice

extra notes: requested by Drawing_bob.
you were petrified.
you grab onto wally's hand for dear life, biting the inside of your cheeks as your unsteady feet step onto the rink. your other hand slides onto the railings as you try desperately not to fall, as he looks at you with amusement.
"the hell are you doing? help me!" you hiss, pleading at him to help you find some sort of consistency on the ice. wally only sighs, before softly placing your other hand in his. both facing each other, he looks at you with confidence. "just hold onto me."

after a few minutes, you continue to wobble, knees straight and failing to maintain balance; with wally being your little support beam. he huffs at your complete lack of knowledge, thinking you would have at least had some basic experience. apparently he forgot to quiz you about that before your outing.
"okay, then. this won't work," he says, looking at your stance. "first and foremost, i'll show you how to practice falling over." it sounded ridiculous to you, but you let him continue. "we need to make sure you don't get injured when you actually do fall- you know i don't tend well to wounds. a cut like that, i wouldn't be able to kiss better."
he guides you back to the railing, before retreating back to where you could best see his demonstration.

"look," he says. "when you anticipate the fall.." he squats down as best he can, "bend your knees, and dip over." he then leans sideways, before finally falling. you look at him confused. he rolls over on his hands and knees.
"then, when you need to get back up," he slowly places each foot between his hands, pushing himself back up. "push yourself back up! slowly, of course."

you practice this a few times, taking your sweet old time getting used to the slippery surface. you weren't great at it, but it was good enough to refrain from you getting a "fatal" injury (as wally would see it).
he deems your efforts acceptable; so he intertwines your hands once again, giving you a reassuring glance before getting to work.

you march forward two steps, letting your body slide over the ice- still trembling with anxiety. wally can only look at you with excitement as you both slowly glide around the rink, occasionally giving your hand comforting squeezes. he's thrilled at how fast you've overcome your little fear- or so he thinks. he's so proud of you!

he eventually lets you go entirely, sure enough you would now be comfortable enough to be left to your own devices. you see him swirling, jumping.. he was certainly good at it, like he was most things. he looked ecstatic. it was likely you'd tease him about it later.
you were just stuck doing basic glides- but it was enjoyable for you both nonetheless. he would blow you friendly little kisses whenever he crossed you, always giving you a thumbs up afterward to signal how good you were doing.

byeee! ⭐️