- Silent

extra notes: no, this isn't intended to be sexual. let's pretend he's not 3ft in this one.
you hear wally sigh. again. and its beginning to irritate you.
he's been longingly letting his breath loose, staring out the window and looking all sad. it was late, and he wanted your attention. obviously, though, you were too occupied to be mingling in his business.
as you sit down on his plush couch, putting on your glasses and pulling out your book, he glares at you. resting his head on his forearms, he shifts comfortably so his body is facing yours. he's only halfway across the room from you, but for him? it feels like a mile.
-
eventually, he gets sick of staring, hoping you'll notice his silent admiration. but you never do, and instead are engrossed in that useless book of yours. annoyed, he gets up from his stool. you swat your eyes over to him at the sudden motion.
he happens to catch your eye in his peripheral, and decides to use it to his advantage. he stretches his arms above his head to release some tension; and as this happens, part of his shirt rolls up, revealing a section of his lower abdomen. you huff, unamused at his purposeful jests to get you swooning over him. although it worked, you would never allow yourself to admit it. you look away swiftly as he groans in relief.
he struts over to you, eyes loving. you choose to pay him no mind, until he plops down next to you, placing his head in the crook of your neck. you sigh, tiredly, closing your book and wiping your glasses clean before putting them in their case.
it's quiet for a minute.
"you've been ignoring me," he whispers. he looks up at you with sleepy eyes, half lidded and horribly drowsy. you look down at him. "i know, wally."
"and why is that?"
"because, wally."
"because what?"
"because nothing," you say, putting one of your hands to his hair, beginning to comb through it. you were both far too exhausted to argue. he purrs contently at the sensation of your fingers running through the hair-sprayed tangle on his head, as he pushes himself closer to you.
you laugh, weakly. "come on, wally. let's go to bed."
-
after convincing him to come with you, he intertwines his hand with yours as you lead him up the stairwell. you open the door, limbs going flimsy as you immediately rush over to his bed, dropping his hand and flopping onto the pillows. though slightly dejected, he follows in your steps as he lays down beside you.
the soft mattress dips underneath his weight as he pulls you closer.
your foreheads touch, as you both look at each other adoringly. you smile at him, wholeheartedly, before jokingly slapping his arm and closing your eyes, putting your head to his chest. he was abnormally cold; but it helped balance out the intense warmth of the night. he was like your personal, round the clock ice pack.
before sleep consumes you, you feel a pair of lips touch your scalp. "goodnight," you hear him whisper. "and remember, i love you very, very much."