- Paint?

"oh, how silly you are!" he laughs, lightheartedly mocking you. looking down at the floor, you had only just realised the full extent of the mess you had made.

you had spilt paint all over his floors. lots of it, actually.

you inhale sharply. despite the fact he was making light of the situation, you knew that he was not only grieving for the lost material, but partially irritated, too. though you weren't all surprised- you would have felt the same.
"i'm sorry. seriously. like, really, really sorry." you mutter, a frown playing at your lips. he stops laughing, looking at you-  before smiling again.

"oh, don't worry about it. we can clean it up together, can't we? i can't imagine it would be very neighbourly of me if i didn't help you," he says, getting up from his stool. he makes his way over to you, flashing you yet another charming smile. it brightens up the atmosphere a little.
-
whilst cleaning up said paint, you ended up colliding your hands with his on numerous occasions due to the close proximity. from what you analysed, he didn't really seem to mind- much less notice. for the small amount of time you had contact with him, you noticed his hands were soft- very soft. the felt was satisfying against your skin. sometimes you'd bump into is hand accidentally, other times on purpose.
unbeknownst to you, he found it quite endearing. though wally wasn't usually fond of people touching him, always wanting to keep his presentation pristine- for you, he would let it pass. he didn't mind the little collisions and occasional glances. if anything, it made him giddy.
-

after the paint was all cleaned up, you collapsed on the floor. you were exhausted from all that scrubbing; letting out a long, dragged out groan.
"i'm never spilling paint on your floors again. especially not on purpose. my god." you say, breathless. you stare up at the ceiling, wondering how you were so incredibly tired from such a simple, mundane task.
as you get up to snuggle up on his couch, he chuckles softly; wiping his forehead. "you know, maybe you should." he says, glancing over in your direction.

we starting short homies 🗣🤝
02/04/23