Chapter One

Ian shut the door tight with his leg because his arms were filled with groceries. He put them on the kitchen counter along with his car keys. The television was switched on but he didn't spot Anthony anywhere in the house. He didn't even hear a sound coming from inside the house when he was unlocking the door, except for the electronic device airing an episode of American Horror Story.

"Anthony?" Ian cooed, walking around slowly.

He then heard a snore from the living room and found Anthony sleeping on the couch. Ian smiled to himself, running his fingers softly through Anthony's thick, long hair. Anthony had told Ian that he was having a headache and that he wasn't feeling so well after Ian asked him to come along to buy groceries. So, he stayed home. Ian didn't think that Anthony would fall asleep on the couch. Ian guessed that Anthony was watching the television and he got tired.

Ian planted a soft kiss on Anthony's forehead and walked over to the kitchen to sort the groceries out. He was actually planning a surprise dinner for Anthony.

"Oh, hey, you're home." Anthony yawned while he sat up on the couch.

Ian looked back and smiled at his boyfriend. He continued sorting out his groceries and when he was done, he went over to Anthony. He sat down next to the taller man and decided to climb up onto his lap. Ian wrapped his arms around Anthony's neck and kissed him on the lips softly.

The kiss didn't last long because Ian felt that Anthony pulled away quickly. It was odd to Ian because Anthony had never done that. Well, it had been a few days since Anthony started acting weird. Ian wanted to ask but he knew how mad Anthony gets if Ian gets too personal. Ian had also been trying to shake it off but it seemed like he couldn't.

"Is something bothering you lately?" Ian bit his tongue once he realized the question that blurted out his mouth.

Anthony looked over at Ian for a second, then he looked down to his feet. He shook his head slowly and picked Ian up, placing him on the couch. Anthony stood up and walked away.

---------

  Anthony slid on a shirt and a pair of jeans once he stepped out of the shower. He smelled something coming from the kitchen. He assumed Ian was cooking something. He didn't bother because he was going out. He had promise his friends that he'd have dinner with them that night. He put some final touches on his hair and head out of the bedroom that he shared with Ian.

Anthony walked past the kitchen and Ian caught him grabbing his car keys. He was also dressed up so Ian knew something was up.

"Where are you going?" Ian asked as he put his spatula down on the counter.

His face was clearly hoping that Anthony wasn't going to go anywhere that night. He really wanted to have dinner with Anthony.

"I'm going out. With my friends."

Ian stood there, speechless.

"But I made dinner for us. Well, it was supposed to be a surprise but," he looked over at the full stove, with pans, plates all over it, "you said you were free tonight."

"Well, I made plans and I promised my friends. I gotta go, Ian. Daisy can eat with you. Pip is here, too." Anthony shut the door, leaving Ian alone.

Ian felt like he wanted to sit on the floor and just cry. He didn't believe Anthony just did that to him.

---------

  Anthony looked over at one of his friends, Joven, who was telling a story of how he got lost in Paris when he went there. All of them were laughing, except for him. None of them saw what was wrong with Anthony, except one; Sohinki.

"You okay, dude?" Sohinki asked, looking at Anthony.

"Oh. Uh, yea." Anthony stuttered.

That was when Anthony's phone buzzed. He had gotten a text message from Ian.

'I assume you're coming home late. The keys are under the mat outside.'

Anthony didn't reply. He shut his phone, grabbed his jacket, said goodbye to his friends and head home. Throughout the whole journey, he couldn't think. He didn't know what was wrong with him.

Once he reached home, he took the keys from under the mat and unlocked the door. Of course he wasn't greeted by the sweet and bubbly Ian. Instead, he got greeted by Daisy, who was still awake. It was like 2 in the morning. Anthony locked the door and head over to the bedroom, seeing Ian already covered in the blanket. Except, he wasn't actually sleeping. Ian's side of the bed was not faced towards the door, so Anthony wouldn't know that he was awake. Anthony changed to something comfortable and got into bed.