Chapter 5: May 20, 1999

I rushed into HQ, suit not properly fixed. Agents were staring at me, I just gave them all an awkward smile and rushed away.

I found May in the inventory. She was there, not really the place I would expect her to be. I checked all the usual places to find her but she wasn't there. I bumped into a newbie, a light-blond haired female agent. I deduced she was a newbie because she asked for directions to the cells, something everyone should know.

I entered the inventory and saw May. She was in a flesh suit. Not that it was anything special, I mean she wore it most of the time like it's her favorite suit or something.

I pushed back a box of grenades into the shelf as I walked in. I was still fixing my shoe so I was hopping. Me hopping led to me knocking over a box full of dummy bombs like the one May made me defuse yesterday.

Well... yesterday then... years ago for me now, well at time of writing.

I knocked over the boxes and May watched as I awkwardly put back the boxes. After I finished she looked at me like a mother watching her child clean up the mess he just made.

Harlan: May.

May: Harlan. Good morning.

I sighed.

May: Quite a night was it? You finally won a bet, you then brought me to a pub, ordered some drinks, a little too much drinks, got drunk and-

Harlan: I woke up with no memory of what happened...

I looked at her, an annoyed smile on my face... then it changed into a face of fear.

Harlan: Oh god... did I?

May: Did you what?

Harlan: Did I...?

May: Did you what?

Harlan: Did I...?

May looked at me.

May: Oh.

Her face changed to a more joyous face.

May: OOOOOOH! You mean-

Harlan: Yes!

May: And you think that you-

Harlan: Maybe.

May: -did something...-

Harlan: Did I?

May bit her lower lip holding back her laughter. She got some files and laughed as she walked away. I followed her.

Harlan: C'MON! TELL ME!

May: I don't know Harlan... Do I know?

Harlan: Don't you?

May walked in front of me and stopped.

May: I mean... maybe you did something, maybe you didn't. It won't be fun if I just told you right now. I wanna keep you guessing.

I looked at her, then my eyes moved down to the papers and folder she was holding.

Harlan: What were you doing in there anyways?

I grabbed the papers and the folder from her and read them. It was the inventory list. Everything in the inventory and how many of it this base of T.H.E.P.A. has.

I skimmed through it, all normal except one part.

Harlan: Some bombs have been taken.

May: Says here twenty-five bombs were delivered and added to the inventory.