4-How Could Coffee be so Cold? Part Two

Gregory had finally been released from the hospital. After six weeks of pain management classes and physical therapy, Greg was now free to go back to the 97th precinct a hero.

After the explosion, the feds and the entire police department were up in arms, inspecting every nook n cranny in that small one story house.

In the basement, with the entrance hidden underneath 300 pounds of rubble, they found an enormous shrine made out of human humorous bones, a total of 36, with brain matter centered in the mass of human bone and animal pelts.

It was assumed that Greg had tried to talk down the deranged subject, but ended up being blown up for his efforts. In the public eye, Gregory was a massive hero, and he didn't protest one syllable about it.

Greg knew he couldn't say anything of what really happened in that god forsaken house, but he knew that no matter which way he thought about it, he was not delirious. He had actually seen some legitimate voodoo going on, and he was an official believer.

The hospital's food regimen had kept him healthy but no where near happy. His right arm in a sling, and his back tightly wound in gauze, Greg had decided that before he went into work the next day, he would eat Sloan's famous foot long hot dog if it was the last thing he did.

Greg had decided that his health was no longer as important, if anything, it was his soul that needed nursing. And nothing but a good ole Chicago style hot dog and piping hot cup of coffee was going to heal that.

After retrieving his soul caressing meal, Greg was on his way back to his apartment on Sunnersdale Road when he turned the corner of Swell and Asphalt to find a tall and slim asian man with an orange eyed black cat on his shoulder.

Suddenly, Greg's piping hot cup of coffee, black, was no longer piping hot. Greg looked down only to find that the steam rising from the cup had turned to frost. Greg looked back up at the man only to see the cat gone and a wild looking woman next to the man. Oddly enough, Greg didn't question it.
The only thing he could manage to say without losing his semi sane mind was, "Is there any way you guys will leave me alone?"

The man stared blankly at Gregory, and the woman showed the toothiest grin he had ever seen.

"Nope." She said.