Chapter 7

I sat quietly as Fort drove to his apartment, stopping at a pharmacy along the way to get ointments and bandages. I look down and fidget with my fingers, hating myself for being so vulnerable, hating how I was a burden on everyone. I know everyone would be so much happier with me gone. I didn't realize that I had started crying until Fort wiped my tears, asking if I was okay and if I was in any pain. I quickly wipe my tears and look at him, "The piercings hurt... they were forced in you know.".

Fort nods "I know, I got some numbing cream to help with the pain, and to see if making your nipples numb will make it easier to remove the piercings,". I smile, happy that Fort was so caring and didn't try to pry. "Thank you, Fort~." I hum softly. "You're an angel in disguise, you know that right?". Fort laughs, "Me? an angel? P' you're being too nice.". I gasp and pout. "I'm serious! You're my guardian angel, sent to me in my darkest times~.".

Fort smiles "I will always be your guardian angel then~." he hums, looking at me with a smile. "And this guardian angel is offering to buy you some ice cream~.". I smile excitedly. "Ice cream! I accept your offer guardian angel!". Fort laughs and starts driving to the ice cream parlor to get ice cream. All of a sudden though, Fort gets serious "P..." he starts. I hum, "Yeah Fort?". He glances at me before looking back at the road, "Move in with me.". I frown at the sudden proposal from Fort "Why?". Fort sighs softly "so I can protect you better, a-and I'd feel better knowing where you are and if you're safe or not at all times...".

I look down, collecting my thoughts before looking up, knowing that what I'm about to say might upset Fort and he might yell at me or get mad at me about it. "Why though? It would just cause problems for you and P' Peat... Why would you want someone like me to move in with you? I'd just be a burden on you and P' Peat. I'm sorry for being so annoying and constantly worrying you guys... Honestly, your guys' life would have been so much more stress-free, easier, and happier if I was dead. I wish Ken had killed me that day... At least I wouldn't be suffering with these nightmares and constant reminders of him, and I wouldn't be bothering you guys..." I started crying. "I'm sorry that I'm such a crybaby. Maybe Ken was right. I'm whiny and annoying and too needy. He was right. I deserve all the bad things that happened to me. I won't be a burden to anyone else if I die, right? You won't have to worry about me anymore either.".

Fort gets angry and tears up, pulling over to the side of the road. "Stop talking like that, Noeul! You are not better off dead, and you don't deserve the bad things happening to you. Why do you keep talking like that and putting yourself down? I don't care if you're whiny, annoying, or a crybaby. I love being able to take care of you. Don't you even dare think about dying. I'll kill you myself if you do Noeul. Stop putting yourself down. Stop listening and paying attention to anything Ken says. He's an asshole who deserves to rot in the deepest, darkest depths of hell. Ken is using his insecurities against you. Noeul, you have your whole life ahead of you, so stop putting yourself down and start seeing yourself in a positive light. You are perfect just the way you are. Ken is stupid for making you think otherwise. As far as moving in with me is concerned, you are moving in with me and that's final. If Peat has a problem with it, which he won't, I'll explain everything to him. I want to make sure Ken doesn't try anything again while I'm not there. Noeul, we all love you and care about you, so please don't talk like this again." Fort had tears streaming down his face at this point.

"I'm sorry..." I sniffle and hug Fort as he calms down and hugs me back. "It's okay Noeul." He smiles at me, still a little teary-eyed. I pulled away and tell him my address, so that I could grab some essentials and necessities from my apartment, like clothes and stuff. Fort calms down and drives towards my apartment, telling my dad jokes to make me laugh. The jokes were so stupid that they made me laugh uncontrollably. Once I manage to stop laughing, I fidget with my fingers as Fort starts talking again, "Why don't we have a sleepover tonight?". I frown, confused, "Aren't we already?". Fort shakes his head and smiles "I mean with Peat and Boss~.". I look down and nod, "Okay.". I was scared, though, scared of Boss finding out about all of this, and terrified of Ken finding out that I was hanging out with Boss again.

Fort must've noticed as he pulled up to my apartment and parked the car quickly and distracted me from my thoughts by placing a hand on my leg and patting it. "Want me to go up to your apartment with you?". I glance out of the window and notice my apartment building and shake my head, "No, just give me 5 minutes, I'll be right back.". I open the door and get out as Fort watches me. "You sure?". I nod, shutting the door and heading up to my apartment. I head towards the elevator and just to my luck, it's out of order, for the 10th time this month. Someone should do something about this. I head up the stairs to my apartment, unlock the door, and walk in. I grab everything I need, including clothes, my laptop, chargers, and some mangas, and I remember to grab the piercing care kit a friend gave to me when Ken first pierced my nipples so that the piercings don't get infected.

Once I have everything I need, remembering to grab all the snacks, drinks, and candies I had hidden in my apartment, I lock the door and head back down the 5 flights of stairs to the car and Fort waiting outside. Putting all the stuff in the back seat, before getting in the car myself. Fort had already texted Boss and Peat about the sleepover, which they agreed to. I put my phone down and glance out of the window and noticed we were getting closer to Fort's apartment. "I was promised ice cream by a certain guardian angel~," I whine, making Fort laugh, and pull into the parking lot of an ice cream parlor.

"I know~." he laughs and nods his head towards the ice cream parlor. We get ice cream, I get strawberry and vanilla mixed, while Fort gets lime ice cream. "Fort... what does Lime ice cream even taste like? is it good?" I question the ice cream flavor he gets. Fort nods and holds his ice cream cone out to me. "It's really good, wanna try it?". I nod and try his ice cream and hum, "It is good! citrusy but not too citrusy and slightly sweet~.". We head to his apartment, and I happily ate my ice cream like a little kid, making Fort laugh again. We get to his apartment and once we've finished our ice cream, I help Fort clean up his apartment a little and set up for the sleepover.

Once the apartment is clean and Fort and I have taken a shower, Fort puts ointment on the new bruises on my face and body. He stops again, seeing the piercings and frowns, touching them, not knowing how sensitive they made my nipples. "Do they still hurt?" Fort looks up at me with a worried expression as he rubs the numbing pain ointment on them. I blush and nod as they hurt yet felt good when fort put the ointment on them, "yeah... they also make my nipples super sensitive too.". Fort turns red and pulls his hand away, handing me the numbing cream, "Then I guess you'd feel better applying more of this yourself.". I grab the cream and look at it. "I guess so...". I look up at Fort "Fort..." I mumble as he looks at me and hums a quiet yes. "Should I keep the piercings in or take them out?".He looks taken aback by this question. Fort looks at the piercings once again before speaking. "They do look cool, but it's up to you, isn't it? If they remind you too much about your ex or the bad memories, take them out. But if you think they look nice and won't be reminded of your shitty ex, then keep them in.". Fort looks up at my face as I bite my lip and pull a hoodie on, deciding to keep them in for now. Hearing the doorbell ring, I run into the bathroom and use some concealer to cover the visible bruises on my face. Coming out of the bathroom, I see Boss and Peat sitting on the sofa, talking to Fort animatedly. I felt kind of out of place and not needed seeing them so happy without me. Fort must've seen me since he gestures for me to come and sit with them so we could get this sleepover started.