Hunter&Crosshair ⛈

After witnessing the atrocities of war, he didn't think anything could hurt him anymore. He'd seen death and fates that were arguably worse. But he was always okay because he knew he'd come back home to the woman he loved. He'd get to find comfort in her soft skin and could pretend that the two of them were the only things in the entire galaxy. That was why it broke him so. He'd arrived in front of his home only to hear her voice desperately call out a name. It was a tone he'd believed up until that point was reserved for him. It paralysed him, hearing her sweet sounds being followed by his brother's name. The following grunts and growls confirming that the betrayal wasn't from just one person he loved.

He'd come home to find Crosshair's smell around before but she would always tell him about how helpful his brothers were. He trusted her and he trusted them. Hunter didn't want to enter his home and see the two people he loved most betraying him. He also knew that it had to be confronted and that without seeing it, he'd convince himself he was wrong. He'd find a way to tell himself that reality was fake.

He quietly opened the front door and closed it quietly behind himself. He navigated his way to their room. To their bed. The bed he'd built while she read out the instructions. He stayed quiet as he opened the door to the thing that hurt more than anything a separatist could do to him. The bed he'd built now held her and his brother. Locked together in not just passion and lust, but also what seemed like care and love. He was shocked, despite having heard it all already. Despite knowing what was happening, the reality of it was something his brain had refused up until the last second. He believed the lies of her love more than he believed his own enhanced hearing.

After all of the promises made to him that she would find the right time to tell Hunter, Crosshair hadn't expected to hear such cruel words about him come from her mouth. How she called him nothing. How she shattered his heart and soul so thoroughly that there was only a fine dust left where they had been before. How the woman he'd fallen so deeply in love with had gone from needily begging him to now angrily ordering him to leave and begging his brother to stay.

He knew that starting something with her was wrong and that he was betraying his brother but he figured it would be nowhere near the betrayal he'd felt when he'd introduced the girl he liked to Hunter and that same brother had swooped her up all for his own. Besides, she'd told Crosshair that things between her and Hunter were pretty much over. She'd told him and because of that he'd believed every word. His love for her had blinded him. She'd made him, the one with enhanced vision, blind. The worst part was that the lies of love she'd spouted made him refuse to believe his reality. He wanted to believe her more than he wanted to believe what he saw in that moment.