Imagine Nine🫶

Y/n's POV
"There's nothing to do..." I murmured to myself while I was petting my Golden Retriever, Alma. Alma rested her head on my lap and enjoyed my little hands brushing against her fur. "Do you miss dad cutie?" I asked her. Alma wagged her tail in the air as I mentioned my husband. I giggled and decided to watch some television since I'm bored out of my mind.

H/n's POV
"Anita!!" I called from my office. "Yes sir?" She answered. "Please help me with these piles of paperwork on my desk. The faster we get this done, all of us will go home earlier," I said. Anita quickly strutted to my office and started helping me with paperwork. "You know sir... Ever since the recent mission, I haven't heard talking about your wife," Anita said. I stayed silent because I miss Y/n dearly, she's my everything but I'm so scared to talk to her  since her dad made a deal with us. The deal went sideways and he got shot. "Sir?" Anita called out. "Oh sorry, just zoned out for a bit. I know I haven't been mentioning her but after the mission involving Y/n's dad, things have been awkward between us. That's why I wanna go home a little early so we can talk," I explained. Anita nodded and continued filling out forms.

An hour had passed and we were finally done with all of the paperwork. "Thank you so much Anita. Now, all of you take the rest of the day off," I said and then ran out of the office.

Y/n's POV
I was making lunch when I suddenly heard the door creak. I jumped out of my skin, then I saw H/n which made me relax. "Good afternoon baby," I said. "Good day my love," he said and kissed my cheek. "You're back from work a lot earlier than usual. How come?" I asked. "I just had paperwork to do so I, along with the rest of the staff, took the rest of the day off," he said. I nodded and continued making lunch. "Princess... I wanna talk to you," he said after a few seconds of silence. "What's wrong?" I asked. I had finished making lunch so I sat next to him. "Princess... I feel like things have been awkward between us since that mission involving your dad... I wanna fix things. Let's go to a drive in movie theater or a nice restaurant or by-" I cut him off by kissing him. "Nothing feels awkward between us. I hated my dad's guts because he treated my mom and I horribly and you know that. I love you baby and your work has nothing to do with our relationship," I said. He smiled when I said that. "I know there's one person who's affected by our relationship," I said. H/n furrowed his eyebrows and then he saw Alma running up to him. "Hey girl! Oh I missed you so much! Daddy missed you!" He exclaimed and gave Alma belly rubs. She panted and licked him all over his face. He laughed and then stood up. "I'm so glad my two girls isn't mad at me," he said. "How could we ever be mad at you?" I said, making him smile. "Now lemme kiss youuu," he whined. "No! Not with Alma's breath on your lips," I squealed. He then grabbed my waist and pulled me for a kiss but I ducked. "Oh you did not-" "oh yes I did." H/n started chasing me in the backyard, along with Alma. It was a romantic afternoon, filled with laughter, love and a lot of doggy kisses. I couldn't ask for anything more.