CHAPTER 13- FACADE

The target to unlock the next chapter is 100 votes.

NANDINI'S POV

"Nandini can you please give us some privacy " said Manik leaving me all shattered and broken. Just a few hours ago he felt so familiar but now he became so distant really destiny's play is very cruel.

I chuckled internally on my own faith and quitly left the room to give the couple some privacy.  I sat on the chair kept outside his room with a thud.

I was just feeling so numb , my heart was breaking into numerous piece yet no tears came out of my eyes. People say that when you are too hurt your tears dry up and today I am witnessing it. I stared into infinity not looking at something particular, how could I be so dumb thinking that I will get his love how could I?

I wrapped my hands  protectively around my stomach.  Now there is no Manik to protect my baby from the cruel world now it's just me , this thought brought tears to my eyes, what will happen to our baby?

Suddenly I felt someone shaking me by my shoulders ,I lifted my eyes up to see that it was Nyeonika aunty who was crying badly

"Nandini where is Manik, is he fine?" sobbed Nyeonika aunty but I was unable to answer her as I had no energy left to speak.

"Say something Nandini " she shaked me vigorously and cried

"Manik Malhotra's family?" a doctor asked

"Yes yes it's us" said Raj uncle

"Ok he is now out of danger and just has a few fractures but that those will recover soon but.." the doctor said

"What doctor ? Is my son-in-law fine?" asked my mother

"I am sorry to say but he is suffering from partial memory loss , he has forgotten all of his recent memories but his past memories are still intact and it might take some time to recover him from that" said the doctor leaving all of us worried

"Doctor how long will it take to cure him?" asked my father

"Can't say he might regain his memory within a day or after many years, there is no guarantee" said the doctor killing the last hope I had left in me.

"This is all because of you, since the day you entered my son's life you have destroyed it " yelled Nyeonika aunty while marching towards me but was stopped by Raj uncle

"Calmed down Nyeo we will deal with all of this later but now let's first meet our son" said Raj uncle and took her inside Manik's room, Ma and dad followed them leaving me all alone,  not for once they looked at me it was as if I am invisible.

My eyes welled up with tears on seeing the bitter reality of my life, I have no one beside me now it's just me and my baby.
There is no point in staying here they don't need me anymore I am like a waste to them it's better I leave them forever and go somewhere else  but....but  still my heart is resisting me from leaving this place cause my heart still lies with Manik,  I can never leave him no matter what, I love him a lot .... but now he doesn't need me he has his wife, his parents his entire family what am I to him? just his wife's sister who was always unnoticed by him...

I couldn't tolerate this pain and so I quietly left the hospital to go somewhere where I could find solace.

END OF NANDINI'S POV

MANIK'S POV

I was lying alone on the bed when the door of my room burst open revealing my best friend Cabir.