chapter 3 - The Confrontation [edited]

The Confrontation

My thoughts kept racing on whatever Jase could want to speak with me about. My mind was telling me to stay put and keep an eye on Damien but on the other hand; my heart was telling me otherwise. So, which did I choose? The obvious of course! Note the sarcasm.

My heart; Lord help me!

I went towards the door, grabbing my hoody that hung on the coat rack without another thought of backing out. I slipped on the jacket and closed my front door behind me without looking back.

This will only take a minute and I should be back before mom comes home, I hope.

As I walk down the street in my neighborhood I notice it had gotten dark pretty fast as well chilly.

'Maybe I should have grabbed a thicker jacket?' I thought to myself as I rubbed my arms to warm myself up.

'No time to turn back around now, Alessa. It's now or never.'

'Can I go with never?' I asked myself starting to feel nervous.

'Seriously? Alessa you know that your arguing with yourself right?'

'Ugh, shut up conscience!' I huffed out mentally.

I placed my the hood over my head then stuck my hands in my pocket as I walked down the path that determined my fate with Jase.

Few seconds later I see a figure who looks much like Jase sitting on a bench under a street light that started to flicker. If it wasn't Jace I would turn around and start screaming frantically as I ran back home. Instead, here I am trying not to make too much noise I walk closer to the figure that looks like Jace. As I make my way over I sit down on the bench next to him. 'Yep, it's Jace,' I thought to myself letting out a sigh of relief.

My sigh brought his gaze to mine, for some reason he looked so...worried.

"Jase? You wanted to talk to-"

"Alessa!" He shrieked.

"Yes, I'm Alessa," I said arching my brow at him. Did he have amnesia or is he just being dumb? "What did you want to talk to me about Jase?" I asked without hesitation.

"You have to leave, Alessa!" He blurted.

"Leave? You wanted to talk to me and now you want me to leave? I don't get it., and I don't get you Jace."

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about, you have to leave. It's not safe here anymore."

"You lost me." When was it ever safe for me?

"My pack found out that your my mate. They're pretty pissed off and are coming after you and I don't have the slightest clue why!" He started to shiver from fear, which gave the this urge to just hug him but I held back. I just couldn't believe a word he was saying, I knew the werewolves hate me, so hearing them being pissed off about something about me wasn't new.

"My mother wouldn't allow-" I started to say.

"She's being held in confinement Alessa," he said cutting me off. "I didn't know she was your mother until I found her last name was the same as yours."

"Confinment?" I titled my head to one side.

"She's being held against her will. You need to go-now!" Okay, I know what it means but I still couldn't believe it

"But I c-"

"I have to go or else they'll throw me out of the pack as well." Okay, he really needs to stop cutting me off; it's really annoying.