11

Trigger warning: sexual assault (part is in italics and skipping will not harm your understanding of the story)

I'm lying on Tristan's lap in his room. After our talk, he had taken to spending afternoons with me, which I am not objecting to. Unfortunately, work had to come with him but it is spending time with him.

"About that night," Trista starts.

"I really don't want to think about it," I try to put a stop to the images already flooding my brain.

"No, before that," and just like that, all the images change; all the feelings change. And all I can manage while sitting up is an oh.

"I want you to know that you are not obligated to do anything. I know we had a moment but nothing you do affects whether or not you stay here or how you are treated. I expect nothing from you."

I breathe slowly, trying to take in everything he just said. He means something more than he is saying, but I can't figure out what. So all I work out is a meek, "ok".

I lie back down and Tristan goes back to work. Something about being so close to him makes me feel so happy, so secure. I have only started to notice this feeling recently but it is strange, to say the least.

Back in the barn, my sisters and I were always so worried about males. Anyone who entered was a threat. We would always stick close together and kept all eyes on any male. They often came to take one of us away, for any number of reasons. I only knew from stories but when they came for me the first time, I finally understood.

________________

I screamed. "Why does it hurt so bad?" I could barely get out any words between the bursts of raging fire spreading throughout me.

"You have to hold it together for just a little longer Fate," Almalia said, a few feet away from me. There was too much pleading in her voice to truly make me feel safe. The pain raged through me and all I wanted to do was peel my skin off and make it go away. I could only imagine how much worse it would be if I had clothes on.

The doors slammed against the wooden walls as males fled into the room. All of them looked out of their mind—completely crazed. One made his way through the crowd towards me. His pupils were entirely black and he kept shaking his head as if he was shaking something off.

He picked me up and one of my sisters ran forward, "It's her first, we'll take care of her. Just leave her be." He didn't even glance in her direction, or give any indication that he heard her.

The male's skin felt cool to the touch and I started to relax in his arms. A few of my sisters fought but I couldn't understand why: this male was making things better—he was making things comfortable.

I snuggled into him as he moved between hallways. I had never been to the area before but was too out of it to keep track of how he moved. Finally, we reached a dark room where he placed me on a dark bed—lying on the ground with my sisters would have been more comfortable.

He tried to pull away but I spoke up, "P-please," he paused, "stay." The male smiled darkly and I visibly gulped, filled with a sense of dread. He ran one hand along my body while the other held my face.

I stared into his eyes while his other hand found what it was looking for—the opening between my thighs. He cupped it and, while my body was clearing from pain, my brain was screaming to get away from him. He ran his hand up and down there and the hand on my face left me, reaching out for something in the dark.

The fire in my body returned in full force and I was screaming again. To add full to the literal fire, the stuck a finger in me and when a gasp left me, his other hand came back into play and a bitter liquid was poured down my throat.

After a few minutes, he pulled his finger out and put it in his mouth, licking. "Mmmmmm," his disgusting voice started, "You taste so good. Maybe I should have a taste before you're out."

He moved in front of my feet and pulled them off the bed while spreading my legs. He began to lower his head when everything turned black.

___________________

"A mark for your thoughts?" Tristan asks pulling me from my thoughts. I shake my head trying to clear the image.

"Tell me more about the stars," is all I say, desperate to think of something else.

He laughs slightly and I jostle with the movement, "I've already told you everything I know. It's all you ask about."

"Then tell me a story again." This time while Tristan laughs, he moves to stand up, forcing me to sit up.

"Another time, Little One, ok?" that nickname shouldn't make me feel the way it does. I sigh but accept his answer. "I, uh, wanted to talk to you about plans for the future." I tilt my head to the side. What could he mean by that? Does he want me to leave? I suppose I have overstayed my welcome. "I have a dinner coming up and was wondering if you would like to join me." Oh, plans for the future.

"As much fun as the Equinox Ball was, I am not sure I want to be around that many people again."

"Understandable. The other thing...my father is coming." My eyes shoot up to him, "In about a month and a half, a little after the dinner," he rushes out, "but he is more of a...Traditionalist." I scrunch my eyebrows together, "He expects things to be a certain way. A way that is different from how I run things." He pauses. "More like the Ball—more formal." Me not being treated with respect is what he means.

I was lucky enough to have respect at the Ball but I saw the way wolves looked at me. I am still considered property to most of them. But there is nothing I can do about it, and if I have to put up with that some of the time to receive this the other times, I gladly will. "Ok."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Howdy,

I really didn't know what else to write, I'm kind of in a lull right now so suggestions are gladly welcomed. Also, my n key is janky and makes writing hard.

See ya soon,

Abbey J