Chapter 10...

Lunch/Dinner went smoothly after the awkward conversation about my parents. Thankfully Liam's parents didn't say anything else about it and I was actually starting to relax around them. They were definitely different then I thought they would be, I thought they would stuck up and rude by instead they were all really nice and pretty sarcastic when they wanted to be. Lilly, Liam's mom, was very down to earth and was always smiling. Adam, Liam's father, was just as nice and seemed to always have something to say even if it was just a sarcastic remark. And Julie, Liam's sister, was mix of both her parents; she was really sarcastic and witty and made everything less tense. I knew I would be getting along with her just fine.

We had just finished eating and we were sitting there when Julie suddenly gasped and looked at me with wide eyes. I looked at her confused and then looked up at Liam next to me.

"Is that your ring?" The moment she said it Lilly snapped her head towards me. Her blue eyes looked down at my hands that were on the counter, staring at my ring. I had actually forgotten it was there.

"It is...beautiful!" Lilly exclaimed grinning widely at Liam and I. "You have to tell us how Liam proposed to you Jenna!"

"Yes. Was it sweet and amazing?" Julie joined in. "What it is Liam we are talking about." 

"Liam you tell it the best." I said turning to him and smiling sweetly at him. He glared down at me.

"No you do sweetie." He bit out. I shot him a look but an idea popped in my head. Well he asked for it.

"Okay. Well we had already been going out for 8 months when Liam all the sudden started acting weird and rude. He kept pushing me away and wouldn't answer my calls or texts." I said.

"Liam!" His mother turned and glared at him. I stifled my laughter and the glares Lilly and Julie sent Liam who in turned glared at me.

"After about 3 days of avoiding me he suddenly showed up at my work and asked me to go on a date. Since I was really in love with him I said yes although I was hurt. Anyways that night he picked me up and drove towards the beach. For our second date he took me to the beach after a romantic dinner. As we pulled up and walked a little ways in the sand we came to a stop in front of a blanket and candles that was set up. Apparently Liam here had someone set it up for us while we were on our way." I plastered a smile on my face looking at Liam and moving my hand up his arm. "He was so nervous and kept stuttering as we sat there. After a while of him trying to say something he finally got down on his knee just as the sun was setting. It was perfect aside from his nervousness and his red face." My hand was now on his shoulder squeezing it. "He acted the way he did because he was scared of my answer and wanted it to be a surprise."

"Awww that is so sweet." Lilly cooed smiling at us.

"Honey." Liam looked down at me. "I don't remember it being that way."

"It was sweetie pie, but it was perfect." I squeezed his upper arm hard but he didn't even flinch.

"Look at you two." I held back my smirk. Hey if Liam wanted me to say it than he better like what I come up with. "Let me go get the desert really quick." Lilly said suddenly standing up.

"Here let me help you." I offered feeling Liam's hand tighten down on my thigh.

"No your the guest, you sit down. Adam you can come help me." She shot Liam's father a look telling him to get up.

They left the room and I sat there awkwardly feeling the warmth of Liam's hand on my thigh soaking through my jeans.

"Your going to pay for that later." Liam suddenly whispered in my ear. His warm breath tickled my neck and his voice was deep making a shiver run down my spine.