𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

arriving there his father looks to him, "have fun and i hope you get even more better my sunshine

arriving there his father looks to him, "have fun and i hope you get even more better my sunshine."

yuta smile to him, "of course! i'll be the best striker the world has ever seen. that i promise you."

tooru nod his head, "okay now go it's almost 11."

yuta nods, stepping out of the car before waving to tooru and walking to the big door.

he had this weird feeling in his stomach, the nervousness but also the eagerness to do this camp rather quickly.

walking inside he sees a few people he knew, "thats okawa, the ace from senno..thats ishikari, the tallest player in high school and oh! i also see nishioka the 'messi of aomori' here too!" he thought excited.

a few minutes later the lights go out suddenly and a man spoke up, "tch.. test one, two..congratulations you unpolished gems," he says, "all you under 18 strikers have been chosen solely based on my criteria, and biases, to be here today. all 300 of you."

yuta listens carefully, making his way to the front to see what the man looked like.

"i am jinpachi ego, my job is to make japan a team capable of winning the world cup." ego says.

two boys next to him muble a few things but yuta didnt pay attention to that.

"i'll out it in simple terms. japan only requires one thing to become the strongest powerhouse in soccer." ego pauses dramatically, "and that is the creation of a revolutionary striker. from you 300 players gathered here today, i will forge the best striker in the world through a certain project."

"look here," ego began again, "for this purpose we have built this facility called blue lock. starting today all of you will live in this building and follow, down the letter, my personally designed training regime. you will not be able to go back home and as of now, you can consider your soccer careers as you know them, over."

yuta's eyes widen, over? he thought, never, i'm just starting my career.

the victor looking man from minions continued, "but, i will say this, if you manage to survive in blue lock and defeat the other 299 players around you. you, the last player standin will become the best striker in the world."

yuta tilts his head like a lost puppy which caught the attention of a certain white haired male that was usually on his phone.

yuta searched for something in his pocket before getting a caramel bonbon out, he did notice the other male staring at him and thought what to do.

he ducked his hand in his pocket again, getting another out and holding it towards the male, "i saw you staring, want one?" he asks with a bright smile.

the boy slowly nods, taking the sweet and opening it before throwing it in his mouth. a small satisfied smile coming to his face as his face lits up at the taste.

yuta laughs quietly, focusing on the speech again.

"that's all for the details, nice to meet you all." ego finished.

suddenly someone raised his hand and speaks, "hey, sorry but i cant agree with what you said just now. for most of us our teams are our priority particularly those of us who will partake in the nationals. theres no way i can accept those kind of terms. i.. i will not throw away my own team!"

"he hesitate in his last sentence." yuta thought grinning like a madman.

"that's right!" someone else yelled from the crowd, "i'm also partaking in the nationals."

the protest went on as yuta muttered, "what a bother, just leave if you dont like it.."

"i see, all of you are really fucked up in your heads, huh?" ego speaks, "get lost then. if you're thinking of leaving go right ahead! your teams are what now? you'd really chose your teams over becoming the best striker in the world? you'd rather be a high school champ in the shithole of a country? huh?"

something in yuta's mind tells him that this ego guy was real, he says shit that was real and now that he thought about it he came to the conclusion to join either way, aint no way he will let this chance lose now.

"when i look at all of you, i cringe at the thought of japan's soccer future." ego started again, "you get it? japan is the best country in the world when it come to organizeational skills in football."

"which most people attribute to out innate national character. but before you get any ideas, in everything else, we're second rate." ego continues, "a sport where you try to score goals in teams of 11 members''our bonds are pretty important'? 'i will play for my teammates'?"

"well thats wrong, that way of thinking is exactly why japan lacks football skills. i will show you whats it all about. football is, as its core a sport about scoring goals. even at the expense of your own teammates. the best player is the one that scored the most gials. if you want to play pretend football instead, then lock off already." ego explains further.

yuta zoned out a bit, not sure what to choose but everything he could dream of were basically behind these doors.

"you will not become the greatest strikers in the world, unless you have the biggest egos for it as well. my purpose here, is to create such a player in japan. from the corpses of 299 players one hero will rise in all his glory!" ego says clear.

"alright you unpolished gems, let me ask you one last question," ego started again, "imagine this, you are at the very finals of the world cup. playing under the eyes of 80.000 spectators in the stadium. you are on that very field. the score? 0-0 its the stoppage time of the second half, the very last play. a teammate has managed to pass the ball to you. its a 1 vs 1 with the goalkeeper."

"theres a teammate six meters to your right. if you pass it to him, you'll probably score that goal. the hopes of all of japan are on your shoulders. you are at a turning point in the world cup finals. without hesitation, you shoot if you desire. if you chose that rebellious egoism then step through the gate." ego says as a door behind him opened.

yuta didnt think much, slowly making his way towards the door. he wanted to make his parents proud and most of all he wants to be the best striker in the world.

"i'll say it once more, loud and clear. football is a sport to develop you all as striker. think of literally everyone else on the field as supporting you. throw away your common sense. when you're on the firls, you are the star. your greatest joy is scoring points and nothing else. you live for the excitement of that very moment. now thats.. a striker. dont you think?" ego says.

just as yuta went through the door as first he heard the others running behind him. tho that didnt stop him, he walks inside the bus and took a seat, blasting his music and telling his parents he'll be here for some time.

now yuta's true journey just begins, with friends come lovers, but who will he choose as the winner?

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.