Part 13

"Who is it?" Acht muttered to himself. He didn't order anything from the reception so he was quite wary of this knocking. It could've been one of the candidates that wanted to harm him or...

'I have someone in mind and I hope that I'm wrong.' He thought with an exasperated look. He predicted who would knock on him at such a time but he'd rather not open the door.

He walked quietly to the entrance without making a noise and looked through the hole in the door. Much to his surprise, it was Scarlett who was standing in front of his room.

'What am I gonna do with this person, sigh. I should pretend I'm not here and hope she walks away.' A small frown appeared on his face and he held his breath.

"I know that you're standing behind the door." She suddenly spoke with her flat, emotionless tone.

"Oh, great." He muttered. It could've been a trick from her side to make him open the door but he had a rough idea of how her mind works and he was sure that she wasn't the type to lie her way through things.

"What do you want, miss?" He answered without opening the door.

"Can I have a small talk with you? I won't take much of your time." She said calmly.

'I have no reason to accept. But...why do I have this feeling that if I don't accept that I will regret it in the future.' He held his head with his arm and pondered quietly.

A few moments later, he answered, "Fine, wait a second."

The door then opened and Scarlett was finally able to look at Acht properly. Her cold eyes stared deep into his black irises trying to gauge his thoughts.

Acht then sidestepped and said in a slightly respectful tone, "Please, feel free to enter."

"Thank you." She didn't refuse his invitation and went inside. He then took a look at the corridor one last time and closed the door.

"Would you like a drink? I don't have alcohol though." He asked as he went to the kitchen.

"A cup of water is fine."

"Suit yourself." He took the cup of cold water to the living room and put it in front of her before sitting down.

"So, how could I help you?" He took a small breath and asked calmly.

She looked at him with a serious look before speaking, "I don't like beating around the bush, so I will cut to the chase. Would you like to join my family?"

"Join your family?"

"Yes. To be honest with you, I lied this morning. Your affinity is not simply 'rare'. You actually have an affinity with one of the lost elements." She said after taking a sip of her cup.

"Could you perhaps explain what is a 'lost element'? I've never heard of such a term."

In the main book, such a name was never mentioned so Acht was genuinely intrigued to know more about it.

"When we first discovered that humans are capable of manipulating the elements around them, there were 4 of them that stood out as the strongest. Everyone awakened with an affinity for such elements was destined to become a king, a supreme being that could not be opposed. These elements are: Space, Light, Darkness, and Gravity."

She then paused to collect her thoughts before continuing.

"A few thousand years ago, a particular event happened that changed this world forever. This event was called 'The descension War'. Many races from Ecrasia invaded the three worlds and started a war that lasted over 100 years. It had many devastating effects on the three worlds and one of those effects was the disappearance of these four elements. No one had seen them ever again until this day. You are the only person in records to have one of these elements since that time."