Part 10

After a long and peaceful night, the dawn of the last day in the house came. Acht was already awake and ready to leave. He could've stayed and searched more in the library about other things but he wasn't keen on that idea since he was never a bookworm, to begin with.

He just read because he had no other choice unless he wanted to stay oblivious which increases the chances of his death.

"That fatty gave me a good fortune. That's convenient." Remarked Acht while looking at the pile of gold coins in front of him. It was indeed a fortune that will make anyone in the slums drool uncontrollably.

Then, after having a simple breakfast, he left the house. There were no lingering emotions for him since the only thing he did there was: eat, study and kill.

People will soon smell the smell of rotten corps and they will barge into the house which is why Acht left this quickly in the first place.

'There are also the other people with that fire user. They will probably come to see why he didn't come back.' Thought Acht as he crossed the street and turned around to reach the main road.

The road was incredibly massive, it stretches from the outskirts of bluerise city all the way to the center. Many people use that road as a main traveling route and so it became an indispensable thing for trading in this city.

When Acht left the slums, the scenery around him completely changed. From people with bicycles or on foot going back and forth to cars and trucks that have a very huge resemblance to earth. It was to the point where many would think this was a mirror world of earth.

There was also another change, the spirit and the vibe that these people gave totally contrasted that of the slum inhabitants. They were smiling with eyes full of hope far from any hardships or suffering. They probably never worried about food or where to sleep. They never worried about getting killed or beaten up.

'Life is really unfair.' Thought Acht with a complicated gaze. He wasn't one of those lucky people but he paved his way out of misery with pure resilience and dedication and that was his belief.

'Even if someone falls behind at the beginning, what matters most is how you end up at the finish line.'

With such thoughts, Acht walked for minutes looking left and right and asking people for direction. Finally, he found himself standing in front of a huge building.

Most of it was covered with glass with elegant decorations on the front. It was a very luxurious building no matter how you look at it.

A huge sign with the words 'hunter association' was plastered on top of doors.

Two guards were standing on each side of the door holding nothing and gazing coldly in a straight line.

'They're strong. As expected of the strongest organization in the world.' He thought as he passed the gates unbothered to take a second look at them. They also didn't talk to him since he was nothing but a small kid.

Inside, Acht found himself in a massive reception lounge. The place was bustling with people. Most of them were there to register as hunters while some of them were full-fledged ones who were trying to take some missions.

"Welcome to the hunter association. How may I help you?" Acht was called immediately by one of the many receptionists at the Desk.

She was a slightly beautiful woman with a cheerful smile that gave people a good impression.

"I'd like to register for the hunter examination." He answered.

The woman's smile almost broke as she looked at him with a complicated gaze.