chapter 3

The boy looked behind him and much to his surprise, a very old man was standing there holding a wooden cane. It was the same old man that sold the berries to the other two people.

'He got behind me without me noticing. He's the real deal.' Thought the boy as he heightened his senses to the extreme. He was aware that this old man who looked frail and powerless could kill him easily. He didn't know how that was possible but his polished instincts, which passed through the hurdles of a long and dangerous life, will never betray him.

"What do you want?" He asked in a calm tone that hid all of his thoughts.

"Nothing, I was just intrigued to see what would happen. I'm nothing but a small merchant searching for some thrill in his life." The old man said with a small smile on his lips.

"You think that I will believe that?"

"Hahahahaha! Spare me from that, would you? Anyway, what's your name?" The old man laughed and brushed off the matter completely.

"Shouldn't you introduce yourself first?"

"Hmm, you are right indeed. I am Lysen, it's a pleasure to meet you." He smiled amicably.

He looked like nothing but a cheerful old man meeting his grandchild.

'I don't have any memories related to this boy, quite convenient. I will use my old name then.' Thought the boy as he sighed inwardly.

"You can call me Acht." He responded. It was his name when he was working as a hitman in his previous life. It was the only thing he inherited from his deceased mother.

"Acht? Quite the peculiar name you have there, lad."

Acht didn't seem to bother with what the old man said since he had a lot of things on his mind. He first needed to discover the world he was reincarnated in. He also needed to find out more about the place he was in now.

Just from one look, he already understood that it was a modern city. The walls were made out of bricks and he could hear the sound of vehicles in the background.

Seeing that the conversation was over, Acht turned around and walked away.

"What a cold attitude," Lysen muttered to himself. But, even with that, he just watched Acht walk away without bothering to call him.

"If we're meant to meet again then so be it." Then he also walked away to an unknown place with the silhouette of that boy fighting still engraved in his mind.

***********************************

"My appearance is quite pitiful." Acht muttered as he inspected his appearance on a pond of water he found. He had long raven black hair that covered most of his face, his dirty skin was pale white and his limbs were deathly skinny. He wore a single piece of cloth that barely reached his knees.

"Why do I feel like I've seen this place before." Muttered Acht as he looked left and right. He sensed a familiar feeling about how this city looked and the atmosphere of this world in general.

But, that was not the only thing that made him feel like that. In the sky, on top of him, there was a huge planet that took a great chunk of the Sky view.

The planet was massive, so massive in fact that Acht could discern some details from the surface of the planet. It had a beautiful azure color mixed with the green color of the wilderness indicating the existence of life on that other planet too.

"That planet looks somehow so familiar." He muttered with a thoughtful look.

Seeing no point in dwindling around, he set up his first goal. He needed to get more information about this world and maybe unveil the mystery of his weird feeling of familiarity.