Semi-serious Steven

3rd POV

Steven is waking in a daze, a ringing in his ear and looking really worried. An alarm is heard, as he looks around and sees Beach City Funland in ruins, with giant teacups scattered across the park, and several people including Amethyst and Pearl seem to be hurt. Only Garnet and Y/N appear unharmed, standing up and looking in Steven's direction.

Time Skip - 2 weeks after the incident.

Y/N: are you sure that he will be fine without me there?

Pearl: of course! We want him to be safe as much as you do.

Amethyst: yeah, nothing is going to happen to that little ball of energy, so cool you're jets.

Pearl: alright! Steven! It's time to go!

Steven: I'm coming!

He comes running into the living room and stands next to Pearl.

Garnet: alright, Let's go.

Before Pearl walks onto the warp pad, Y/N grabs her arm and pulls her to the side.

Y/N: if anything happens to him, I do not care how many I have to kill to find you, and I will. do you understand what I am telling you?

Pearl just stares at him.

Pearl: O-of course.

She then enters the warp stream, still looking at him.

Garnet: Pay attention Steven, this is going to be your first serious mission. You need to be ready.

Steven: Yes! I'm ready, I'm so ready!

Pearl: Steven, come on, you're gonna make yourself sick.

She grabbed the upside down boy and turns him upright. But in the process gets hit in the eye by Steven's ukulele.

Pearl: Why did you bring that?

Steven: I don't know! I was excited, and i-it's mine, and I like it!

The ukulele starts floating away upwards and Steven swims after it.

Pearl: Steven get back here! You could get seriously-

The Gems warp onto a Warp Pad in the middle of a field of giant strawberries with Steven several feet in the air.

Pearl: -hurt!

Steven falls several yards away from the Warp Pad, and into the strawberry field, groaning in pain.

Pearl: Steven! Are you...??

Steven: I-I'm fine! I'm good. I'm just gooey.

Steven finds himself covered in strawberry juice and licks his arm. He then sees a swarm of butterflies surrounding him, and they cling onto his face and arms.

Steven: Aaaah! Aah! They're in my eyes!

He runs around while frantically yelling and trips over.

Garnet swats the butterflies away from Steven.

Garnet: They're just butterflies, Steven.

Steven gets up and laughs sheepishly.

Steven: Well, they looked a lot bigger when they were on my eyeballs.

Amethyst: Steven, you're a riot!

Pearl: I'm suddenly having second thoughts about bringing Steven on this mission.

Garnet puts her palm on Pearl's shoulder.

Garnet: Shh. Just look at him.

Steven strikes a determined pose in the background.