Frybro

3rd POV

Steven is seen peering through a pile of laundry.

Steven: Where are you? Tsk tsk tsk. You're a mess, Steven.

Pearl and Y/N run towards the kitchen, Pearl holding a bubble full of shards.

Pearl: I know I had eight... Hey, Steven, have you seen a Gem shard anywhere? It's very important.

Steven: No, have you seen my pants? They're also very important.

Y/N: you have misplaced your leg garments?

Pearl: I'm serious, Steven. These Shards have a powerful partial consciousness that has been harnessed by Gems throughout history in order to create-

Steven disengages from Pearl's explanation and thinks to himself.

Steven: They weren't in the kitchen either... Under the bed! No wait, I looked there too. And then Pearl walked in...

Pearl: semi-sentient drone soldiers with the capacity to follow basic orders. Gems once created an army of these drones, but found their obedience waned as the shards overdeveloped inside their uniforms and turned on their commanders. You see, any shard imprinted by any sort of container-

Steven looks at Pearl and gasps to himself.

Steven: Pearl! Oh jeez, she's really explaining something... I can't just start listening now, I'd be lost! ... Just like my pants...

Pearl: -could become a monster. That's why it's very, very important it's kept away from any kind of garment...

A pair of pants is seen running past Steven and Pearl in the background. Y/N notices this and walks off to gather the lost shard.

Pearl: If you see it, bring it to me, right away. I'm going to check in town.

She leaves the house through the front door.

Steven: For my pants? ...I guess I'll keep looking here.

He then notices Y/N holding the pants behind him.

Steven: That's unusual!

His pants start wriggling inside Y/N's grip.

Steven: What's gotten into you? Hmm?

He reaches into the pocket and takes out a Gem shard from his pocket, and the pants stop moving.

Steven: It's a... thingie. Is this Pearl's shard thingy?

Y/N: yes it is, we should get it to her as quickly as possible.

The shard glows and tugs on Steven's shirt, which he quickly pulls away. He then grabs a sock nearby and puts the shard inside.

Steven: Ha! Now who's smart?

The sock animates and repeatedly smacks him in the face.

Steven: Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, stop!

The sock obeyed his command.

Steven: Oh... Thanks! We gotta get you to Pearl.

He places the sock in his backpack and zips it up.

Steven and Y/N are walking along the boardwalk, while Steven yells for Pearl.

Steven: Hey, Pearl! Pearl! She must still be looking for my pants...

Y/N: Steven, I do not believe that she is looking for your pants.

A peculiar fries-looking character rushes in and bumps into Y/N who stepped in front of Steven to protect against a potential threat, knocking the costume-wearing man to the ground. It reveals to be Peedee in a fries costume.