Chapter 5

At the lake

The search team have been searching everywhere to see if they could find Kate. Detective Little then got a call from Detective Ross saying to search the lake for Kates body. "Ok! Search in the water!" Commanded Little. A few hours later one of the scuba divers pulled in a body of a girl with long blonde hair...the body had bruises all over her face. "Thats definitly Kate..." Whispered Little.

At the station

"We have the videos of what happened last night. I'll show you what happened after Courtney beat Kate up." Said Tate as she brought over a laptop so Ross and Little could see it. The video showed Courtney screaming and yelling along with others. "She's not breathing! I think she's dead!" Yelled a girl. "What are we suppose to do?! I don't want to get ARRESTED!" yell a guy. "I'll throw her in the lake!" Yelled coutney. You then see Courtney go to the deepest part of the lake and throw her in. The video then ends with that. "So did you question Courtney yet?" Asked Tate. "Not yet but I'll be picking her up now." Said Ross. Little then got a call from the Lab say that they found something. "I'll be going to the Lab they said they found something." Said Little and he then walked off to the Lab.

At the Lab

"What did you find Rose?" Asked Little as he walked in. "This isn't Kate." Said Rose as she turned to Little. "How can it not be? Are you saying there has been two murders?!" Asked Little. "No there hasn't... but it isn't her." Said Rose. "What do you mean?" Asked Little. "What I mean is that this girl is Kates doppelganger...if you look at the DNA of these two you'll see a difference...this one on the right is Kates I got it from her hair brush that was in her purse...but this one on the left is Joan Does which I got a sample of both from the brush in her bathroom and directly from her body." Explained Rose. "They are completely different..." Said Little. "Exactly...I'd say that who ever this girl is she's been posing as Kate Barnes." Said Rose.

In the interigation room (Courtney)
"I already told you I wasn't at the party when Kate disappeared!" Yelled Courtney. "But you lied we have you on video Courtney!" Argued Ross. Courtney didn't say anything she just sat there her eyes filled with guilt. "I don't know what your talking about." Courtney said through her teeth. "Oh you don't remember how you beat Kate Barnes to death and then threw her in a lake?! Cause I can show them to you." Said Ross as he go closer to Courtney. "NO!" Yelled Courtney as she stood up with a horrified look on her face. She then sat back down and looked at the metal table shaking. "Ok I killed Kate but I was angry and drunk, she made out with my boyfriend so I hit her...she didn't even fight back so I kept hitting her and hitting her! Until she stopped moving." Said Courtney as tears streamed down her face. "Then you threw her in the lake..." Said Ross. "I paniced ok?! She wasn't moving or breathing. So I threw her in...but I was drunk and she's was being a slut 3 weeks before that party...she deserved to die and everyone at that party thought so too." Said Courtney her face filled with anger as she was standing up. Then there was a knock from the window and Ross left the room. Shortly after he came back in and looked at Courtney. "Congratulations you didn't kill Kate, just an innocent girl who looked like her..." Said Ross and left the room again. Courtney then sat back down and started to cry.

At the airport

"One ticket to California." Said a girl with a blue baseball cap on and long blonde hair. "Ok... may I ask for your name?" Asked the lady at the desk. The girl then looked up and her face looked exactly like Kates! "My name is Lucy Noles." Said the girl.