Chapter 1

Detective Tates POV
"Mrs. and Mr. Barnes you're telling us that your daughter Kate Barnes just disappeared never to be seen again and the last time you saw her was 3 days ago which was the day she disappeared and she was in her room. Don't you think she just ran away?" I asked raising my eyebrows with disbelief in my voice. "But she would never do that she loved her life. She was getting good grades and she had everything she ever wanted. She never would have ran away and her window wasn't opened so something must have happened to her." Said Mrs. Barnes. I looked at my partner and gave him a look that said that I didn't believe a word they were saying. "Well how come we are hearing about this now?" Asked Detective Ross. The two of them looked at each other like they were having a secret conversation. "W-Well we put up missing person posters up and waited a couple of days to see if anyone would call and no one did so we came here hoping you will find our daughter." Said Mr. Barnes as he took out a piece if paper that had a girl with blonde hair on it. The paper didn't have much on it all it had was: Have you seen this person her name is Kate Barnes she was last seen in a white and red poke dotted dress. If you've seen her then contact us (919)273-45x-xxxx. It wasn't much we could go off from but it's all we could go off from. "Ok. But we need to look at the last place she was seen." I said as I combed my hair back in fustration. The two just looked at each other to have another one of their secret conversations. "O-Ok but please don't anything." Said Mrs. Barnes.

Time skip at the Barnes house

Kate Barnes room was on the second floor. It had pink walls with multiple boy bands on them, she had purple zebra print bedding, and two dressers with a T.V on one of them. She also had a gatiur and a laptop. "Ok look for anything that might be suspicious!" Yelled Detective Ross. The search team looked through everything and everyone seemed to come up empty handed. That was until my partner called me over. "What is it Ross?" I asked as I walked over to him. He then opened the gatiur and showed me that it had what looked like a bag of weed with the name Carson on it. "Hey, do you two know anything about this?" I asked Mr. and Mrs. Barnes holding up the bag of weed. "No Kate never did drugs or smoked weed." Said Mrs. Barnes. "It must be this Carson kid." Said my partner. "But who the heck is Carson?"