Happy Little Ending

Anakin hadn't arrived back home until that evening. He was quite literally gone all day. The sun had just begun to set and we were preparing to parade the streets of Coruscant for all of the citizens that had gathered there to see and congratulate us on the win.

I squeezed my father's forearm tighter when I saw him walking towards us down the hallway. His cape flowed behind him gently as he walked. He had a new, fresh battle scar on his cheek. Right next to the one he already had.

My father sensed my internal conflict. He leaned down and spoke into my ear.

"Don't let your thoughts control how you see him. He's still your Anakin."

My Anakin. This is my Anakin.

When my dirty blonde, battle scarred boyfriend got close enough to us, he stopped at a distance away. Just trying to read my cues. He knew what happened. He knew who did it. And he knew why he created a duplicate of him to undertake his plans.

Valance was trying to ultimately separate the two of us by using an evil clone of Anakin to scar me into hating Anakin as a whole.

My father gave my head a firm kiss, then left the two of us in the hallway alone.

The orange and pink sunset shone on the tile floor. It gave me, Anakin, and everything around us a golden glow. I saw his eyes. His gorgeous, sapphire blue eyes. And I knew.

This is my Anakin.

"I'm sorry," He whispered.

I shook my head. "Don't be."

He inched a little closer. "I-I can't read you. I don't know what's okay and what's not."

He reached his hand out towards me to take, and I looked down at it. He was thoughtful. He used his flesh hand. One I didn't see as threatening. I took a steadying breath, and placed my hand in his.

The touch was electric. My hand was enveloped in warmth when his fingers closed. His eyes met mine.

Careful, cautious. Gentle.

Hurt. hurt filled them suddenly.

"We were going to have a family," He mumbled sadly. "He- he took that from us."

"Ani," I whispered his name to get his attention. I gently pressed his hand to my stomach.

I saw it. I saw it when he felt it. The new, faint Force signature inside of me.

I watched as his blue eyes filled with tears, his lip quivered, and he sobbed. He placed his robotic hand on my stomach next to his flesh hand. He sniffled and looked up into my eyes.

"It's okay?"

"Yes. He's okay," I smiled up at him through tears. "Ani, we're going to have a boy."

"A boy..." He breathed out with wide eyes. "You- how...?" His face lit up with nothing other than pure joy. "A boy... I-I'm going to be a father to a boy..."

"Our boy," I reached up and cupped his face. He leaned down and pressed his forehead against mine and smiled. "I love you."

"I love you so much more than you'll ever know," He told me and gently kissed me. He sniffled and kissed me again. "You and our boy are my entire universe. My sun, my moon, and all of my stars."

"All of them?"

"All of the stars. All of them."

。・:*:・゚★ The End! ★。・:*:・
Comment your thoughts!
What did you think?

Keep in mind I wrote this like three years ago.
So it's a little different than my current style.
And my writing is a lot better now.

Regardless, thank you for reading.
I love all my readers very dearly.

-Eclipse