Rescue Me

I trained.

All. Night. Long.

So when I left that room, and saw the sunrise through the huge windows, I grumbled to myself and carried myself up to bed.

Once I'd laid down in the bed and wrapped myself up in the sheets, I grew drowsy.

Unfortunately, there was a knock on the door. I knew who it was before I even opened it.

"Master," I nodded, then turned away to yawn, the faced him again. "Can I help you?"

"I wanted to talk with you. If you don't mind."

"No, no, of course," We sat on the couch.  "Is there news?"

"Yes. We know where Anakin is. And we are sending a rescue team out today. That rescue team will be you and I."

"What?" My eyes widened. "Me? Go out and... rescue someone from an evil spy base?"

"Not just someone. Anakin. Here is where we use your passion for him as a tool. It would greatly help us when we rescue him. I also hope that you are advanced in your training as much as I've been told."

"Y-yeah... give me a bow and arrow and I'll... yeah. I'd say I'm pretty advanced in that area."

"Good, then you should be able to handle first hand combat should things go wrong during the mission."

"Mission..." I threw the term around. "Is this my first mission?"

"It is your first unofficial mission as a Jedi in training."

"Rescuing my love from an evil spy base on a planet I didn't know existed," I scoffed. "I never would have guessed."

"Are you prepared?"

"I'm very tired. But I will give it my all. I have to."

"This base is likely to be crawling with droids. I need you to be prepared."

"I am prepared," I bravely replied. Though I was starting to doubt myself. "I am."

"We can't afford doubts," Kenobi told me as we landed a safe distance away from the base. "I sense great doubt in you. Doubt is a great friend to  fear."

"I'm not scared. I'm not. This- this is important. We're rescuing Anakin. And should anything go wrong, either of us could get hurt or worse. We need the most concentration."

"I agree," Kenobi and I walked through the tall trees and thick brush. This is a rainy planet with lush vegetation. Though I'm not sure what they said it's name was.

As the two of us approached the base, we heard robotic voices. Kenobi immediately activated his lightsaber and I readied my bow.

Sure enough, droids with green armor plates came running towards us, shooting their blasters relentlessly in Kenobi and I's direction.

Neither of us said anything as we kicked into action. I was shooting arrows left and right. Knocking guns out of the hands of droids and shooting arrows through their heads.

It was a brutal fight for my first fight. But once the last droid was gone, I couldn't help the small laugh to bubble up from my chest.

Kenobi nodded towards me with a small grin.

"You did well. I'm very proud and I know Anakin will be as well."

My heart swelled and I was filled with new adrenaline. We have to rescue Anakin. The two of us reached one of the main doors to the base. He destroyed the padlock and forced the door to open.