CHAPTER 11: SCAPEGOAT

(Previously)

When Selene manages to walkout the room, a MARINE approached her and pointed her in line with the other children.

General Stern then interferes, "It's alright. I got her."

The MARINE nods and leaves.

General Stern kneeled in front of Selene and gently placed his hands on her shoulders.

"You did great.", he smiled.

Selene then happily hugs Stern.

After a brief moment, more MARINES came in and approached Stern. He immediately stood up and wonders.

"Yes?"

The MARINES then cleared a path behind them. There came Councilman Cornelius Sullivan with his son Xavier Sullivan. The councilman nods and the guards immediately leaves them alone.

Cornelius happily looks at Selene and kneeled.

"There you are, my child. It's been a long time!", Cornelius happily said.

Selene looked confused.

Xavier was baffled on how his father greeted the little girl, "W-what?".

"Son, I would like you to meet your little sibling.", Cornelius introduced.

"Father???", Selene confusingly whispered. "Big brother???".

"Hah! Come here!", said Cornelius as he lifts Selene up above his head. "Aren't you happy to see your daddy?".

"D-ddaddy???", Selene again questioned.

General Stern kept silent throughout the conversation while observing Selene's behavior.

"I'm your father, Selene.", Cornelius proudly introduces himself.

"Y-you're my daddy?", repeated the child.

Cornelius nods, "Yes, indeed I am."

"What is this, Father?!", Xavier frustratingly interfered. "I don't even know her!".