CHAPTER 2: A NEW BEGINNING

(Previously)

[YEAR 2327]

It took MAIA another 2 years to reach the planets with estimated higher probability of survival. Ships enters orbit and later on the planet's atmosphere. Initiating landing sequences...

Miraculously, most of the ships have landed safely. Hundreds of vessels are still in orbit as MAIA is navigating any nearby ships to safe landing locations.

Upon landing, MAIA surveys the surroundings for hours. Analyzing terrain. Air. Humidity. Heat. Possible threats. After assessing, it then started to open few of the cryostasis pods at a time hence releasing the survivors.

As long as mankind strives for it's existence, so shall our hope to rebuild our new home.

_____________________________________________

Groups of survivors woke up by batch in each ship on the planet. MAIA then reoriented them about everything, from the date, time, location and mission. It then guided them to wear an 'Environment Suit' before exploring outside of the ship. 

[MAIA (female robotic voice): WARNING. Opening shuttle doors, in 2 minutes. All personnel must be in full Environment Suit.]

Groups of fully suited survivors went in the exit chambers of the ship and lined up in front of the doors, waiting to see the outside world.

"Here we go.", a man said seriously, looked tense.

"This is it, men. Let's do this!", a second man replied with in the group.

[MAIA (female robotic voice): WARNING. Opening shuttle doors. Now.]

The doors now open as air escapes from the negative pressure chamber and breeze from the outside welcomes everyone. Beams of sunlight slowly shined upon their visors as they see the surroundings. They slowly walked outside the ship and onto the ground.

"Holy... shit...", mumbled a survivor as he looks around.

What they saw everywhere was... Earth. The skies. The surroundings. The gravity. The green and tall trees, plants.

 The green and tall trees, plants