Turning The Tides

Tenzin's point of view:

We were able to get Korra back, thankfully, but the details of her escape remained unclear. I went inside my room to see Pema and the kids asleep in the bed and I sat next to the bed and placed my hand on Pema's stomach, as both she and Jinora opened their eyes.

Jinora: "Daddy, you're home. We waited up for you. Is Korra okay?"

Tenzin: "Yes, she's fine, sweetie."

I said as I picked up Ikki as she woke up, and embraced her.

Ikki: "I was scared. I thought she wasn't coming back."

Tenzin: "I'm sorry you were scared, but everything is going to be fine now. I promise."

Pema and Mello then started to wake up and we all went to the dining hall as we prepared to eat with Korra.

Korra's point of view:

I was with everyone in the dining hall, eating the food in front of me and when I was done, I told Pema.

Korra: "Mmm. Mmm. The food tastes amazing, Pema. I'm finally starting to feel like myself again."

Pema: "We're so thankful you're home safe."

She stood up from her place to take my plate, But Asami came to her aid and told her.

Asami: "Let me help."

Tenzin: "Korra, I realize you've been through a lot, but I need to know everything that happened."

Korra: "Well, first off, Tarrlok isn't who he says he is. He's Yakone's son."

Lin: "It all makes sense now. That's how Tarrlok was able to bloodbend us without a full moon."

Tenzin: "But how did you escape? And where's Tarrlok?"

Korra: "Amon captured him, and took his bending."

Tenzin: "What?"

Korra: "Yeah, he showed up out of nowhere. He almost got me, too if it wasn't for the Dark Warrior."

Lin: "He was there?"

Korra: "Yes."

Tenzin: "Did he hurt you?"

Korra: "No, he's the one who helped me escape."

Lin: "How can you be sure, he's probably using you as bait."

Korra: "Maybe, but he did say something about an incoming battle happening soon in Republic City."

Tenzin: "This is very disturbing news. Amon is becoming emboldened. Taking out a councilman, almost capturing the Avatar. I fear Amon is entering his endgame."

We all looked at each other in worry about what would happen and how we would get through this.

Asami's point of view:

I was with Pema helping her with the dishes until she suddenly doubled over and cried out in pain. I grabbed her shoulder and asked her.

Asami: " Pema, are you all right?"

Pema: "The baby is. Just kicking, really hard, is all. I'm fine."

Asami: "Should I get Tenzin?"

Pema: "No reason to worry him, it's nothing."

We then saw Mako walk into the kitchen with a teapot while I was helping Pema get up and he said.

Mako: "Can I get some hot water? Korra needs more tea."

Asami: "You're a firebender. Boil it yourself."

I continued washing the dishes while Pema told us.

Pema: "I'm. Gonna step out in case you two want to talk."