⊗ 22 ⊗

keeping his forehead against the dirty counter, the heartbroken chinese male lifted his arm drunkenly.

"one more!" he exclaimed not very clearly, earning disgusted stares from a few people around.

a few seconds later, a glass filled with a clear liquid was placed by the side of renjun's head, making the chinese male sit up immediately gulp down the entire containing of the glass.

however, the boy frowned at the awful taste of what had been served to him.

"ew! this is water! bring me something stronger!" renjun exclaimed, pushing the empty glass towards the end of the counter.

"i-i don't think you should be drinking anything else than water..."

the chinese male – who had laid his head back on the counter – looked up, meeting eyes with an oddly familiar figure, but not really being able to identify who it was. was it the alcohol in his system that made everything blurry? or were the tears in his eyes to blame?

honestly, a bit of both.

"huh... do i know you...?" the boy groggily asked.

"i-i'm jisung." the bartender said. "i... we met at the c-convenience store you work at a few times."

renjun's brain was slow to process the stutter boy's words, but after a few seconds, he started recalling this boy that chenle had around often.

"oh, god, yes!" renjun nodded drunkenly, his clumsy head motions almost making him fall from the stool he was sitting on. "you're chenle's boyfriend! i remember now..."

the boy behind the bar flushed red, his eyes widening slightly. "o-oh, h-huh... h-hopefully, y-yeah..." he stuttered, his heart beating faster in his chest at the thought of becoming chenle's boyfriend.

sure, the two of them texted a lot and met more often than before, but they hadn't reached the 'boyfriends' stage yet. hopefully soon, though.

"so!" renjun let out, holding his arm out and grabbing one of the bottles that were to his reach behind the bar before pouring himself some of the green coloured liquid in his empty glass. "what are you doing in a bar this late?" he asked, his drunken state causing his words to be slurred.

"w-well, i'm working." jisung replied simply, helping renjun putting back the bottle behind the bar without breaking everything.

"yeah, i see." renjun nodded before bringing the glass of green liquid to his lips under jisung's amused stare.

the chinese male gulped the liquid down quickly, slamming the glass back on the counter before he finished drinking everything to cough loudly in attempt to get rid of the awful taste.

"crap, this is not get 27!" he exclaimed. "this was pure mint syrup..."

"y-yeah..." jisung replied, chuckling at renjun's goofiness.

the chinese male let out a groan before he let his head fall on the counter again, deciding against drinking after the two bad experiences he had had the past minutes.

"s-so... what are you doing here?" jisung asked after a few seconds, somehow worried for his friend who didn't seem to be in his best state.

"i'm... drinking... and crying... and drinking too... and thinking about my messy life... and drinking... wait, not much anymore, because nothing tastes good. but, yeah..."