Festival - Akane

I'm back in my fnaf phase 😢 (I never left)

---

You and your closest friend, Akane Aoi, sat in the empty cafeteria in near silence. It was around 3:30 in the afternoon and school had just ended. You were sitting criss-crossed on one end of the bench as Akane sat about a foot away from you, leaning back on the table with his arms outstretched. You were bored; it was written all over your face, from your slightly drooping eyelids or occasional huffs.

"So," you began, voicing your boredom. Akane turned his head to you and cocked a brow. "What should we do?"

In response, your friend shrugged. You groaned, letting your mind wander.

"I wonder what those guys are up to," you thought out loud. Akane snapped his head back to you and furrowed his brows, grimacing. Obviously, he knew who those guys were. You only chuckled at his expression.

"No, you know how..." Akane paused to make a gesture with his hand, a knowing expression on his face. "Hanako can be."

You cocked your head to the side. "No? What do you mean by that?"

"Oh, come on, you've seen how he treats Nene. I refuse to go near him. Plus, he's a slimy roach of a supernatural!"

"... Aren't you also...? Whatever, c'mon, half-roach! I'm sure they know how to have fun!"

You swung your legs from underneath you and over the edge of the bench, taking a moment to stand up. You looked down at Akane, who's face presented an expression of both offense and reluctance, before he stood up with you.

"Yipee!" You smiled.

"You're lucky I love you," Akane mumbled, brushing past you.

"Awww," you cooed, catching up and leaning into him slightly as you made your way to the girls' bathroom.

•••

You swung open the door, a cheery expression on your face with Akane close behind you, a tired and bored expression on his.

You took a few steps inside the bathroom before noticing the mess before you. Hanako was on the floor, pathetically wailing about. You could feel Akane's judgemental gaze and cleared your throat hesitantly.

"Uh..."

"Come on! You know I'm bound to the school! I can't go to outside festivals...!" Hanako whined, his hands gripping into Kou's ankles as a concerned Nene stood beside them, broom in hand. She discarded it and instead picked up the small boy like he was a mere cat.

"Sheesh, Hanako!" She chided. Only then did she take notice of you and Akane's entrance and drop the boy to the floor, smiling instantly. You winced and Hanako groaned, yet returned Nene's kind smile.

"Ah, [Nickname]! I didn't see you there... Sorry about that, eheh... Um, what's up?"

You laughed quietly. "Ah, no worries. I see you're in the middle of something..." You gave Hanako a concerned look and began heading back for the door, noting Akane's relieved sigh.