二十

||Chapter 20: Assistance and Treats||

"Hi Ume-chan!"

The head of the Inuzuka clan swept me off my feet and held me high into the air.

"Ryu! Hi precious pup, how was your day?" She asked. She noted the headband on my forehead and smiled. "Look at that, Little Ryu's finally a ninja!"

"Yes ma'am!" I said, raising a hand to salute to her. 

Tsume chuckled and pet my head.

"Ready to start your training?"

I beamed at her and she raised a fist.

"Alright then! Kiba, come on out!"

"Do I haaaave to?" I heard the boy whine. "A boyfriend shouldn't fight his girlfriend."

I turned to see him yawn and rub his neck.

"This is who you chose?" Tsume asked. "Come on, you could do so much better."

"Hey!" Kiba shouted. "Don't talk about Ryu like that! She's perfect!"

"I was talking to her!" Tsume shouted. "Ryu's the village treasure! She should be with someone dignified and mature! Not my bratty son!"

She pulled on his cheeks, making Kiba whine while I laughed.

"Make no mistake Ume-chan." I said. "We're not dating."

"Oh. Good." She said dropping Kiba. "Alright then! Ryu. I spoke with Iruka, and we studied your records for a bit. You are wonderfully talented, but you lack in strength. So today, you're gonna pummel Kiba!"

"WHAT?!" He cried, skittering away. "I said I'd help her train, not become a living punching-bag!"

"Isn't that the same thing?" Tsume asked.

"NO, IT'S NOT!"

I sweat-dropped while they argued, and felt a gentle tap on my shoulder.

I glanced casually over my shoulder and looked up at Hashirama.

"Hey, maybe you should ask Guy to train you."

I blinked. My unspoken way of saying 'Why?'.

"Ryu." He said, poking my forehead. "He's the only current user of the Eight Inner Gates."

I shook my head.

"Rock Lee knows it too."

His eyebrows rose.

"Well then there you go, you should ask him."

I shook my head again.

"He taught Lee because not only does Lee have that potential, but Lee's his student. I am Kakashi's." I whispered. "Plus, He doesn't even know that I know what it is."

Hashiramam hummed thoughtfully.

"Okay, Ryu!" Tsume said cheerfully, dragging Kiba over. "First, punch him in the face!"

"No!"

~

I let out a huff.

After basically beating Kiba one-sidedly, and promising to go on a date with him in return, I was walking through the village on my way to meet Sasuke for dango.

I was muttering one of the Naruto opening's under my breath when I bumped into someone. I rubbed my nose, letting out apologies as I looked up.

It was Hiashi Hyuga . . . again.