十六

||Chapter 16: Hospital and Scrolls||

Okay, so, in my past life when I was thirteen, I broke my knee.

Also why I no longer went outside.

To make a long story short, I was playing volleyball, tried to save a spike, didn't end too well. And it hurt like hell. I literally thought I was dying. Yes, I had various broken bones and injuries throughout my life.

But nothing.

And I mean nothing.

Hurts more than a giant shuriken piercing your intestines.

"RYU!"

I dunno if it was ten voices or once, but all I knew in that exact moment was pain. I fell back, and was caught by Naruto, who was shouting something I couldn't focus on. The scroll was underneath my legs, and I tightened my grip on it.

"Get away!"

I could finally hear their voices now, and Naruto was clutching me to his chest as he glared at Misuki who was coming forward, eyes on the scroll.

"Ryu!" Naruto shook me slightly and I squeeze his hand to let him know I could hear him. "Why did you protect me? You should've just let it hit me!"

"No way." I scoffed, only to wince from the pressure that put on my abdomen. "I couldn't give you that beautiful speech and then let you get hurt."

Naruto scowled at Mizuki, standing up in front of me.

"If you even try to lay a hand on Ryu." He snarled. "I'll kill you.

Oh hey, that's familiar . . .

"How touching." Mizuki mocked. "Now give me the scroll. You're in no position to deny me of it."

"I am."

Mizuki and Naruto couldn't hear Hashirama of course, but the First Hokage, had a look of anger I've never seen on his face before.

"No . . Hashi, don't." I whispered, trying to sit up.

"Ryu, you're hurt." Hashirama said, not looking at me. "And this trash can't take the scroll."

"Naruto." I said, "We need to get out of here."

I reached down, taking three deep breaths before pulling out the shuriken. I reached into my pouch before pulling out a smoke bomb and throwing it on the ground.

Naruto took the hint and picked me up. I grabbed the scroll, holding it over me so it wouldn't get soaked in my blood. He took off into the forest, looking for a place to hide us both.

~3rd POV~

"Naruto and Ryu did what?!"

Iruka looked completely distraught at the report from Hiruzen Sarutobi.

"More correctly, Naruto stole the scroll after being mislead by Mizuki, and he and Ryu studied it for a bit. But Mizuki's hurt Ryu, and that's a boundary he can't return from. Find them."

~

"Can we even heal her? Will it work?"

"Gah! Do something!"

"Are you rushing the First Hokage?!"

"She's literally bleeding out!"

"Guys, please . . . "

"Ryu!"

Ryu was aware of the three hokage's and Naruto, but a new voice joined the bunch.

"Asuma Sarutobi." Ryu greeted wincing as she sat up in Naruto's arms. "Kinda wish we met on better circumstances."