♡ 𝐇𝐞 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 ♡

Written by
_KittyCruz_

╔══════════♡══════════╗
Chapters: 3+
Genre: Paranormal
Status: Ongoing
Reviewing Style: Mode 2
╚══════════♡══════════╝

𝕯𝖎𝖘𝖈𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖗: It goes without saying, but this whole review is my personal opinion, and while I textualize it as factum from time to time, it is not.

________________

OVERALL RATING

6/10

________________

TITLE | COVER

"He Who Weaves Dreams," is a title that hits all the right notes and perfectly complements the protagonist, who does "claim to be a Dreamweaver

"He Who Weaves Dreams," is a title that hits all the right notes and perfectly complements the protagonist, who does "claim to be a Dreamweaver."

The syntax of the title is intriguing and a fitting match for the paranormal or dark fantasy genre.

However, the book's cover fails to fully capture this sort of intrigue.

For me, the current cover is a bit inordinate due to its drab brownish-gray hues, lack of contrast, and unremarkable typography.

A cover, which is more visually enticing would have the potential to take the book's appeal to the next level — and in return could make the title more potent.

________________

DESCRIPTION

It can be said that the first paragraph of the blurb complements the opening in the first chapter flawlessly.

The reader is given a clear picture of the protagonist — Claire — and her position as the caretaker of the Belmontes' historic mansion.

In the opening scene of the first chapter, we encounter Claire once again as she is being driven to said estate. 

So, the story picks up right where the blurb left off, drawing the reader in from the very first sentence. Pure perfection. Nothing to add.

The second paragraph, however, is not as strong.

Although the reader is introduced to Claire before, there is not much connection made between her and the mysterious disappearance of the Belmonte family, even though she's their mansion's caretaker.