Chapter Ten | Shit Goes Down |

I HATED THE DREAM I GOT while I was unconscious. I wanted to cry as I saw Percy’s face when I was beaten.

    The worst part was later when Finnick, Katniss, and Percy were talking and Percy stated quite openly he was about to give up.

    “It’s funny,” Percy said, chuckling sadly. “Althea said my loyalty would be the death of me…but it’s her that’s beaten because she wanted to protect us.”

    “How do you know?” Katniss said, hugging her knees.

    “It’s nothing, just a demigod thing.” Percy said, shrugging.

    The dream flashed to something else. There was a pile of white roses. They affected Katniss and I know just why. They were Snow’s flowers. She tried to get out a line, but she broke down crying.

    All of them tried to comfort her, but just as she started getting hysteric, they knocked her out. Then Finnick started to break down and they had to sedate him. Finally, Percy bursted into an angry hopeless rage and had to knock him out too. It was like the mentally disturbed dominos just getting knocked down by Snow.

    The dream cut again, this time it was Finnick telling all of Snow’s secrets. I could see as he revealed about the prostitution, Percy made a connection. The way I flinched at Caesar’s touch…it wasn’t normal for me. I could shove anyone away, no matter of status whenever, more often than not it was Percy.

    Then it switched again. First Katniss asked Finnick about his love for Annie. Then she asked Percy.

    “No, I…I didn’t love her right away. In fact, I made her cry the first time I met her. But then at some point…I don’t know, she just sort of changed from just cute to…beautiful.” He said, then he frowned. “It doesn’t seem right that we’ve only been together for about a year and a quarter, most of which I was missing for.”

    Both of them stared, “What?” Finnick exclaimed. “It seems like you two have been dating for years.”

    “Well, we were official a year and a quarter ago. She kissed me for the first time when we were fourteen.”

    Then I’m awoken by the sound of footsteps. My head was pounding in my skull. Peacekeepers, my mind went straight to and I scrambled to my feet. But it wasn’t a peacekeeper. One of them I recognized from my dreams.

    “We’re not gonna hurt you,” He said, raising his arms. “I’m Gale, Katniss’s friend. We’re gonna take you back to thirteen.”

    “Am…am I going crazy?” I said, quietly, and he grinned.

    “Not at all.” He said. Liar. I was batshit crazy already.

    I was taken away onto a hovercraft with Peeta, Annie, and Johanna. I could hardly believe it. I was leaving…I was never going to have to be a slave to those peacekeepers ever again.

    Someone sat down next to me. “Hey,” He said, and excitement filled me.

    It was Will!

    I wasted no time in hugging him. “Will, what’re you doing here?” I said, tears flooding my eyes.

    “For one, I wanted to see my favorite sister…don’t tell Kayla.” He said, winking at me. “Number two, dear gods, you are so damaged physically. And lastly, number three, I dumped Everett and I have a new boyfriend who you are going to like even more.”

    I looked at him eagerly. “Who?” I asked. “If he doesn’t treat you right, I swear to Zeus, I’ll-”

    “Relax,” He said, touching my shoulder. “It’s Nico.”