Chapter Three | My Boyfriend was Stolen |

“ALTHEA, ARE YOU SU-?”

    “Yes, I’m sure!” I yelled before sinking to my knees. “Hera took Percy!”

    Hardly anyone believed me. They simply took that I was mentally creating an alternate mindset that Percy was alright. It sucks to not be mentally stable. It’s been three days and no one believed me.

    “I, for one, think that it might be worth checking this out.” Chiron said, and I sighed relieved.

    “Thank you!” I said, gratefully.

    “But you have to know, Althea, that Hera might’ve been tricking you.” He said, and I nodded.

    “I don’t care. It’s a chance to find Percy.” I said, and he nodded.

    “I understand.” He said. “You, Annabeth, and Butch can go.” I glanced over at Annabeth. As you could probably tell, I wasn’t thrilled with her since the whole her breaking into my house through the mirror thing. But, I was willing to set it all aside for Percy. Damnit, I loved him too much.

■□■□■□■□■□■

On the whole chariot ride, I shut my eyes and tried to get rid of all the bad thoughts soaring through my mind. What if we were too late? What if Percy was dead because no one believed me? What if I failed him?

    I tried my hardest not to think like that. But no matter what, those thoughts kept coming at me. Relax, I told myself. Just relax. It’s all going to be okay. I shut my eyes, trying to breathe through it.

    It did not help when it turned out not to be Percy.

    When the chariot got close enough to the ground, I wasted no time in jumping off before it stopped moving, running to the three there. My knife was hidden in my pocket in case I needed

    “Where is he?” I demanded, grabbing the blonde one who appeared like the leader by his shirt.

    “Where’s who?”

    Annabeth shoved me back, looking at the three. “What about Gleeson? Where is your protector, Gleeson Hedge?” I walked back to the chariot, holding onto it. I couldn’t breathe. No, no, no. Not right now. Please, no. I was so close to my edge.

    I tried to focus solely on their voices, desperate to get rid of the panic. The blonde boy told his story. "No, no, no!" I yelled, going back over to them. “She…she told me he would be here. That I would find the answer here.”

    “Althea,” Butch grunted, and I looked up. “Check it out.” He pointed at the blonde’s feet.

    He was missing a shoe.

    “The guy with one shoe,” He said. “He’s the answer.”

    “H-he can’t be.” I muttered. “No…no! I was tricked!” I slumped to my knees, covering my ears with hands as the voices in my head got too loud. It was official. I hit my edge just as easily as Roman did. I kept muttering ‘no’ under my breath as it took over me, my eyes clenched shut with hands over my ears.

    “Althea,” Butch said. "We gotta leave. Let’s get these three to camp and figure it out there. Those storm spirits might come back."