A Day to Relax.....Or Not

Melina's pov

It's been a day since we found out that there's walkers in the barn and Shane made sure some one was always on watch.

I was with Carl in the house with Lori, who seemed to be annoyed by my presence. I was wearing some comfy clothes. (Outfit on top)

I was laying on the couch on my back with Carl laid in between my legs with his head on my stomach.

He fell asleep talking to the baby. I took the hat that Rick gave him off and put it on the coffee table.

I then started running my hands through his hair. I could feel eyes on me and Carl. I looked to see Lori staring at us.

"What, is there something you would like to say?" I asked getting annoyed by her. She let out a scoff and shook her head.

I was fed up with her shit right now. "No, Lori, please, if you have a fucking problem go ahead and fucking say it!" I said forgetting that Carl was sleeping.

"Ok, you want to the truth fine, I want you to quit manipulating my son." She said and I started laughing.

"I'm not manipulating anyone, that's all on you. You having problems with your children has nothing to do with me." I said with venom in my tone.

She was about to say something but I cut her off before she could. "Look Lori, I get your worried about Carl, but let me make one thing clear." I said looking her in the eyes.

"I love Carl with all of my heart, I would die for him. I swore to never break his heart no matter what." I said looking back at him.

"I get that you don't like me because I told him about your affair with Shane, but I'm not going to let your selfishness get in the way of him being happy." I finished.

It was silent for a moment before Cash came in. "Hey lil sis." He said sitting down on the couch across from me and Carl.

I smiled. "Hey, when's the wedding?" I asked in a teasing tone and he let out a laugh. "In a few days, if you must know." He said.

We sat there talking and eventually Carl woke up but he didn't move from his position joining our conversation.

Just then we heard a commotion going on outside and we all got up to see what was going on.

I didn't take the time to put on any shoes before walking outside. When we got on the porch we saw Shane handing out guns.

"What the hell do you think your doing Shane?" I asked as he started walking towards us.

"Shut up and get you ass back in the house." He said but I walked up and got in his face.

"Don't fucking tell me what to do!" I yelled. He let out a frustrated sigh and looked to Carl.

"Carl get your wife." He said but I knew Carl wasn't going to do anything. "Why, because your a pussy?" I asked, but before he could do or say anything I walked back over to Carl.

Shane came up to Carl holding a gun. "Carl I want you to take this, take it and protect your mom and wife." He said but Carl didn't take the gun.

Lori then intervened but then I saw Rick and Hershel dragging two walkers to the barn with poles and Jimmy with a gun leading them.

I started rushing over there. I already knew all hell was about to break loose.