Panic

Cash's pov

Me and Daryl were walking through the woods with the rest of the group.

Then out of nowhere we heard a gunshot go off. I turned in the direction that it came from.

"What the fuck was that?" Lori asked. Yes I call my mother by her name but I have my reasons.

"Well obviously a fucking gunshot, Lori." I said with a hell of a lot of sarcasm. I could tell she was hurt but I didn't care.

"What do you think happened?" Carol asked. "Probably saw a walker or something." Daryl said.

"Don't patronize me, we both know Rich and Shane wouldn't risk that." Lori said.

"Who cares, we just need to make it back to the RV and meet up with dad." I said starting to walk again.

I could hear everyone following me back to the road. It was quiet between everyone until we heard Andrea scream.

We turn around to see her getting attacked by a walker. Daryl was about to shoot the walker when a girl with a bat on a horse came riding in.

She hit the walker with the bat and then looked at the group. "Daryl, Daryl Dixon?" She asked. Daryl stepped up.

"That's me." He said. "Your daughter, Melina was shot. I need you to come with me." She explained. I feel the worry come off of him.

Daryl turned to me. "Get them back to the RV." He instructed. I nodded as he went to get on the horse.

"Wait Daryl, we don't even know her." Lori tried to argue. Key word, tried. He still got on the horse.

The girl started telling Glenn directions on how to get to this 'farm' of her's. Glenn looked like Carl did when he first saw Mel.

Yeah me and Melina have grown pretty close, she's technically already my sister but I'm as protective over her as her dad.

"You can't be serious right now." Lori said and that's when I snapped. "Just shut the fuck up Lori, it's obvious she was sent here by dad and Carl!" I yelled.

She looked pissed but I didn't care. I turned to Daryl. "Make sure she's ok." I said and he nodded. He then road off with the girl and we were about to walk away when the walker tried to get up.

I took my knife that Mel made me and stabbed it in the head. "Shut the hell up." I said taking the knife and walking back to the road.

When we got back I had to explain to Dale everything that happened. We decided that Glenn would take T-Dog to go get patched up and the rest of us would go tomorrow.

This gave us enough time to put up a sign for Sophia just in case she came back. I believe Sophia is out there, just not alive.

The only reason I'm keeping my thoughts to myself is because Mel and Carl still have hope.