5. Sorting feast

Y/n pov

As I step off the train I hear a familiar voice of the friendly giant man with harry.

"First years right this way"

I follow the crowd towards Hagrid after he calls again for the rest of the first years. He notices harry and I in the group.

"Oh hello harry hello Y/n"

"Hello Hagrid"

Harry calls back to Hagrid though I just smiled and waved back. (smile and wave boys just smile and wave) While Ron give me a weirded out look. I don't think he likes my smile oh well.

"Right then. This way to the boats"

"Come on now follow along"

I follow Harry and Ron into a boat. As it starts moving a large castel covered in light from the window emerges. It was impressive but I was kind of thinking it would have been something different.

Time skip

As everyone bundles in a group while looking with awe I somehow managed to be at the front. As everyone walks closer we arrive at a large set of stairs. I come to a stop along with the rest of the group as a women with green robes and an odd looking hat on her head.

"Welcome to Hogwarts"

As the group finally stops moving towards where the others are the lady speaks again with intent quiet from the crowd.

"The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses that you will be in during you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room."

I just stand there with my usual smile and arms crossed as others look at friends or just random eye contact from excitement or nerves.

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin."

"Each house has its own significant history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rulebreaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a noble honor."

Suddenly a toad jumps out from the front of the students. Not long after a boy calls out Trevor as he emerges from the crowd grabbing the pet before it could jump away.
He mutters sorry as he lowers his head will entering the group of students once more.

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. You all should smarten yourselves up as much as you can while waiting."

As the chatter picks up again after the lady left a boy walks up to harry.

" It's true then, what they're saying on the train. This is Crabbe and that's  Goyle. And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."

I hear Ron Snickers Infront of me during Draco's attention to him while I just keep myself and stare between Ron harry and Malfoy.

"You think my name's funny? Red hair, hand me down robe, you must be a Wesley"

Draco turns to Me sick of the burning stare on him. As soon as he saw me though he was taken back of the foreign look and the adnormal eyes, hair and facial expression.

"And you, do you have a problem here with me and would you stop starring at me like some freak."

Before anyone could reply the lady returns letting us know it's time. We follow the lady through to large doors into the hall. As I look around I noticed the sky was in the hall. Honestly it would have been considered beautiful but I don't know. As I continue looking at all the odd things I zone out on the talking again.

Suddenly names were being called with students one by one walking up to a wooden stool and a old talking squash but still somewhat a cone hat similar to the one that lady was wearing. 

"Harry Potter"

The room goes dead silent as Harry walks up to the stool. I'm still not sure why harry is so famous because of a scare. Oh well. He starts wishing something before I could tell what it is the hat starts speaking again.

"Not Slytherin? Are you sure? You could be great, you know. It’s all here in the head. And Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness! There's no doubt about that."

He whispers again asking for not Slytherin again.

"If not Slytherin it has to be Gryffindor"

The Gryffindor table erupts as Harry walks to his spot over at the table.

"Y/n"

Mermers are heard as I walk up to the stool about why there was no last name announced. I sit down wondering what the hat would sort me into.

"Another tricky one.... Not a lot to go off in fact is there anything to go off your just a blank canvas.... Well there is something I can say and the one quality you have so it has to be RAVENCLAW"

The table erupts not as loudly though as I walk over my new house. After a while a the students were done and the headmaster made his speech the feast had begun and there were alot of food I had never seen before in my life.

 After a while a the students were done and the headmaster made his speech the feast had begun and there were alot of food I had never seen before in my life