32: A Slip Up

They arrived in the main room a little later than intended but ready to depart. Optimus could tell that Megatron was trying to hide his excitement (and he was rather successful at it), but Optimus knew him too well.

"Where are-" Ratchet started.

"They went to drop off the humans." Soundwave interrupted.

So they had Megatron and Megatronus, Optimus, Dreadwing and Starscream to raid a mine? Well, they were 'jacked' as Miko would put it.

They all seemed to be waiting for something.

"Oh right." Soundwave started and opened the ground bridge. "Good luck, not that you need it at this point." He added.

They headed through and found themselves in a forest.

"Did your targeting systems malfunction?" Megatron asked but his question was answered when they heard drilling.

"Starscream, provide areal surv-" Megatronus started.

"Got it!" He said and flew off.

Megatronus looked over at Dreadwing. "Cover him?" He guessed and Megatronus nodded.

Meanwhile Optimus and Megatron started sneaking forward on foot. Well, Optimus was sneaking, Megatron was strutting. "Aren't you going to get down low?" He hissed.

"Why? It's not like bush cover will help." He snorted.

"We're sneaking!" Optimus started.

"You are."

"Clearly." Optimus muttered, of course, Megatron wanted to be seen.

"Wait for me!" Megatronus whisper shouted and Optimus was pretty sure Megatron sped up.

Soon enough they had a visual, Starscream and Dreadwing were high enough not to be heard and provided them with layout information. They have the element of surprise- Had. Had the element of surprise.

Megatron launched himself at Evil Optimus the moment he spotted him.

"Tactless glic-" Megatronus cut himself off and offered cover.

Megatron was really enjoying beating up Evil Optimus. So much that he giddily threw Evil Optimus into nice Optimus.

"Hurk!" Optimus exclaimed as he quickly kicked Evil Optimus off him and over a small ledge. Optimus got up hastily and found Megatron next to him, now that he had a better view, Megatron seemed rather battered. "You have a bit-"

"Hm?" Megatron asked as Evil Optimus slowly got up some way away.

"Energon- Leaking from your intake." Optimus added, jesturing on his own faceplate where it would be.

"Hmpf." Megatron huffed and wiped it off. "You could help." He added.

I could. Optimus thought bitterly but got out his blades. "Let's take him to pound town." He muttered, some of the humans expressions must've worn off on him. Then again, he couldn't have said 'roll out', Megatron has no wheels-

"Wait what?"

"Hmm?"

"We barely know him-" Megatron started.

Optimus had to stop himself from charging forward. "What?" He asked as Evil Optimus was getting closer.

"I didn't know you could be so dirty." Megatron started in teasing tone.

"Er?" Optimus asked before hastily dodging a punch. Megatron managed to introduce his fist to evil Optimus' faceplate and throw him off course.

"Pound town?" Megatron repeated. Then Optimus realized the double meaning and frowned at Megatron, "You said it." He shrugged.

"That was your interpretation!" Optimus shot back as Megatron held off Evil Optimus. Megatron merely shrugged mid battle.

Optimus scoffed, maybe he should take him to 'pound town'. Then he got a com from Ratchet, he picked up. "Yes?"

"What's taking so long?" Ratchet asked as Bulkhead invited himself in on the fight.

"One moment-" Optimus started, realizing the Megatron might need some back up. Optimus managed to kick in Evil Optimus' leg from behind (which was dirty fighting in his book, but oh well) before spinning around quickly and hitting Bulkhead squarely in the lower jaw.

"Hurk!" Bulkhead exclaimed before stumbling back.

Not much later, all the evil Autobots fell back. It seemed the others had done quite a number on them aswell.

"Alright we're done." Optimus started through the com and looked over at Megatron, he was looking back, some sexual tension pursued. Optimus looked away quickly, "Send a ground bridge?" He suggested to Ratchet.

"Yes, Soundwave is taking his damn time-" Ratchet started and Optimus heard a small protest through the com.

When a ground bridge finally opened they had already rounded up the energon and were ready to bring it through. And brought it through they did. Although, a certain someone took his damn time bringing the energon through, Megatron didn't even drop it off neatly in the base.

"Really?" Optimus asked as Megatron once again carelessly dropped a cube.

"Really what?" He asked dumbly.

"You could at least drop them off neatly." Optimus grumbled and demonstrated what he meant with neatly as Megatronus came through.

Megatron just snorted, "Well if my efforts go unappreciated, I shouldn't bother." He snorted smugly and went to sit on his (Optimus') crate. Oh now really. He and Megatronus exchanged glances.

"That is not at all what I meant." Optimus started and Megatron just gave an indifferent shrug. "Oh what do I need to get my point across-"

"A whip for starters." Ratchet grumbled as he walked past and across Megatronus' vision (who narrowed his optics). "Would've made for great encouragement in the mines-"

Ratchet seemed to have missed that there were two Megatron's in the vicinity, and that both took offense.

Megatron was pissed and stood up with a snarl. Optimus decided it would be a great idea to insert himself between them, "Don't." He warned. "Don't he's your only chance to get back." And that seemed to be enough for Megatron to back off.

"Ep!" Ratchet started and Optimus turned to find Megatronus had a ridged servo on his shoulder. Optimus did grow slightly uneasy.

"Need I remind you we are under no obligation to assist you in returning to your home dimension?" Megatronus started, obviously pissed.

"E-" Ratchet started.

"Sure, an old mech like yourself may be off your medication-" He carried on, a dirty jab, "But perhaps you could watch your glossa and show some consideration." He said before releasing him and taking some cubes back into storage.

Ratchet let of a half assed grunt in an effort to gain composure, it fell short.

"Are you off your medication or-" Soundwave started (slightly light hearted), and Optimus became aware the others were back.

Ratchet scowled, "I don't take any."

"Clearly." Megatron muttered and a wrench flew his way.