6 ~ Lunch

Lizzie POV

"Fucking finally." MK complains as we walk into the restaurant in Soho where we are meeting the twins for lunch.

"We are on time." I point out as she pulls me into a hug.

"She's a little hangry today." Ash explains as she steps away from Y/N and towards me for a hug. I nod in understanding.

Once we are all seated, I slide my hand onto Y/N's thigh and pick up the menu with my free hand to share with my love.

"So, it's been way too long since we've seen you last." MK starts as I watch Y/N reading the menu.

"Wait, is this the same place where I met you?" Y/N asks the twins after shooting me a quick look.

"Uh...yes? I don't remember." Ashley shrugs.

"It is, bug." I confirm with a smile once I read the name: Sant Ambroeus. My stomach flips when she smiles and leans over to kiss my cheek.

"Um hello? Continue the conversation, weirdos." MK prompts and I look back at her.

"It's only been a month." I point out.

"Well before you stole her, Y/N came to get lunch with us almost weekly." Ash points out before sipping on her water.

"That's true." Y/N agrees and I look over to her with a raised eyebrow. She looks over to me before continuing. "Um I mean it uh...it's just that I've had more work in LA it's not anything to do with Lizzie." She tries to recover and it makes me frown. So it is my fault. My suspicions were correct.

"Y/N, I know you miss New York. You don't have to hide that from me." I say softly and she offers a small smile.

"I mean I do but I also want to be where you are." She whispers back.

"Wait...what is that?" MK asks as Y/N reaches up to tuck my hair behind my ear.

"What's what?" Y/N asks, her hand shooting under the table.

"On your finger. Come on, let us see." MK prompts and Y/N sighs, looking over to me. I nod, a small smile on my face when I realize what we are revealing to them.

She sighs again and raises her hand up so MK can take it. Ashley leans over to see too and my stomach flips when they share a smirk.

"Well well well...do you two have something to tell us?" Ashley asks, crossing her legs as she leans back in her chair.

"I proposed to Y/N in Italy and she said yes." I reply quickly. I couldn't help myself, I'm just so excited about it.

"You're wearing it on the wrong finger, idiot." MK adds on once she finally lets go of Y/N's hand.

"I know. It's so the paparazzi that follow me everywhere don't find out." She explains before sipping her water and looking around us. I frown, maybe it does bother her more than I thought.

"Oh...that makes sense. Is it bad right now?" Ashley asks cautiously.

I don't really know how to answer. I know that they've been bothering us a lot but for me it's normal. I get my picture taken wherever I go and I get annoyed but at this point it's just an annoying part of my day. This is new for Y/N. She has stayed under the radar and out of the public eye so she can make her beautiful music in peace.

"Uh, no it's fine. I mean the news of our relationship still seems to be popular so I can deal with it." She offers but it doesn't seem genuine at all. I need to talk to her about this.

"It's insufferable right now and I feel really bad that Y/N has to deal with this. She hasn't had to deal with it before so it's not ideal. But, we will get through it." I offer and squeeze her thigh.