5 ~ Shower

Y/N POV

I'm excited to head back to New York for about a week before we go to Boston for Marie and Bradley's birthday week. Although I love being where Lizzie is, I miss my New York studio. Pam holds it down in LA for the most part and NYC is my gig. I don't like being away from her though so she travels back and forth as she pleases...and when I demand to see her because I miss her.

We decided to spend some time in New York because I don't love LA but also because we haven't spent any time in our new but also old apartment together since being engaged. Lizzie is done with all of her press and photo shoots she had to do in LA. She has a zoom panel thing on Sunday but she can do that here.

We were originally going to leave from NYC to go film in Texas but we are cutting our time here short so we can spend some time in Boston with my family next week. It's a lot of traveling but it's also exciting.

I haven't been to the NYC branch of Sunflower Studios since the end of June so I'm excited to return and show Lizzie the building. I think she's pretty excited too.

"When are we going to the studio?" She asks as soon as we get into the cab to head home.

"Probably Monday. How about we go out tomorrow, since we have your interview on Sunday." I suggest.

"We?" She asks with an amused smile.

"Well uh I just mean...I don't want to be away from you so if you have an interview then I'll be home and being quiet while you do that." I explain horribly.

"You're cute, bug. But sure, I don't mind a date night tomorrow." She decides.

"Perfect." I smile and kiss the back of her hand before looking out the window to watch all the people and places go by.

When we pull up to our building I get out and walk around the back of the car to open her door, offering a hand to help her stand. She smiles brightly before the flashes start, catching us both by surprise.

I sigh and open the trunk to get our suitcase, keeping Lizzie behind me. I tightly grasp onto her hand as I lead her inside, the case dragged behind us as people start shouting questions at us.

I ignore them, mostly because I can't figure out what any of them are saying to us and smile when Jerry helps us inside.

"Thanks Jerry." I call as I continue my dash to the elevator just in case anyone tries to be even more aggressive.

"I hate that. I'm sorry it's become an issue." Lizzie whispers as she snuggles into my chest.

"It's alright...kind of reminds me of when you told me about people giving you weird looks in college." I remember with a light smile.

"You didn't even notice...you weren't ever one to worry about the people around you." She decides and I hum in thought.

"I worry about myself enough as it is...I can't spend energy worrying about what other people think about me." I whisper and she leans back to look into my eyes.

"That makes sense...I wish I could do that." She sighs and I realize that even though we are older, we have similar problems to our younger selves. Our anxieties are still here even if we know how to deal with them better now. Thank god for therapists.

"You're better about ignoring it now though." I offer as the elevator doors open.

"Yeah, I just try to ignore all the noise. I don't look at what people are saying and I don't have social media. It helps. I have a great team that can worry about those things for me, but I guess with this circus it's kind of hard to ignore." She explains and I nod.