Chapter 5 - Goodbye Fam-ily

OLD VERSION - STILL TO BE EDITED!

                                              ------------Chapter 5------------

                                                ~Goodbye Fam-ily~

Letting go can be extremely hard; excruciatingly so, but sometimes it's essential for moving on with your life. Sometimes it's not something you can easily avoid and usually it's a lot easier said than done - like most things in life. But they say it can set you free. But is going through the emotional pain to get you to the point of letting go really worth it? I guess you'll never know until you actually experiment that theory.

I was about to personally experiment it. Taking the first baby steps. I was standing in the doorway of my room; memorizing every last detail of my little sanctuary because as of today, I wouldn’t be staying here anymore. Nope, from today the Matthew’s home *cough* mansion *cough* would officially be my new resistance. Everything was set; all of my belongings that I wanted to bring had been packed into cases, which were currently being put into the boot of a taxi.  It left my room feeling bare and unwanted; something I never thought I'd see. But I was trying to let go, even if it was only for a short time.

I had to hand it to my parents; they had organized everything in record time.  From packing to flights, accommodation for their stay, even someone to come round and water the plants - my mum really liked her plants. The house seemed colder now though, not temperature wise, but there wasn’t that laughing, joyful, home-y aura about it now. I might actually be glad to get away from here for a little while. Get away from all the coldness and the slight tinge of sorrow that had tampered everything. I walked over to the other side of my room to pick up the last of my bags, when my mum called from downstairs, “Come on pet, we don’t want to be late for them!”

I grabbed the bag, quickly scanned over my once-was sanctuary one final time and trudged down the stairs. My parents were still loading bags into the taxi, because as soon as they dropped me off, they were leaving for the airport. I grabbed a few bags and brought them outside to the awaiting taxi. It was a nice spring day, blue skies and everything but today I don’t think anything would help my sour mood, not even the unusually pleasant weather like it usually did. Just then, my sister came bounding outside, skipping and singing a little pop song as she did so.  I laughed at her innocence, secretly envious of how care free she could be even in the toughest of times. Oblivious.

“Come on Sky, we better hit the road. I don't want to miss that flight!” My dad complained while shooing me into the taxi. And he complains about me being late! Where does he think I picked that little trait up now, my 10-minutes-early-for-everything mother? I don't think so!
When we were all finally loaded and ready, my dad gave the man the address and we were off on the route that I'm sure I will become very familiar with.

To past the time I gazed through the window, watching the swirls of the freshly budding plants and trees finally getting their foliage after a cold, hard winter. The morning dew that coated everything gave it all a beautiful sheen that twinkled in the early sunlight. The image reminded me a very similar scene I had seen last night. When the bright rays of the fluorescent light bulb caught off the crystal chandelier in the Matthews grand hallway and had sent out a spectrum of colours across every surface. But I couldn't think of last night for too long without cringing at the memories.

Last night had gone all so splendid. Note the sarcasm. After my little incident with Chase, I made it my mission to avoid him for the rest of the night; and possibly for the rest of my stay. I most definitely didn't want to experience those bone tingling shivers ever again - I least, I think I didn't.                                   I couldn’t quite get my head around that. One minute we’re arguing, well me telling him where to go and him just smirking and laughing at me - arrogant, cocky piec...- And then the next he’s sending stupid shivers through my body - that I’d really rather not feel. I pushed the feeling to the back of my mind and the rest of the night went by somewhat smoothly.  The food was excellent, at least I wasn’t going to starve there because boy did those people know how to cook, or their cook knew how to cook - which is kind of a necessary requirement for the job of a cook...
Either way I wasn’t going to starve anytime soon thankfully.